News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Current-gen MacBook Pro keyboards lambasted by Apple community

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2018, 03:14:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple is taking flak for its current-gen MacBook Pro keyboards from its usually loyal community. Daring Fireball's John Gruber has labeled it "one of the biggest design screw ups in Apple history," while others are calling it "defective" and suggesting it should be recalled.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Current-gen-MacBook-Pro-keyboards-lambasted-by-Apple-community.301414.0.html

Tweaker

I hate these stupid keyboards.  They feel like I am typing on a soggy trackpad.  Been seeing tons of these both 13 and 15 inch laptops on Woot as well, at a discount.

not_anton

Don't know who is writing these articles... My 2016 Macbook Pro keyboard has excellent actuation point, and less travel means faster typing than on a mechanical keyboard with MX Blue switches. The real complaint is breadcrumbs getting under keys: a can of compressed air easily blows them out, but it became a must-have accessory :D

People complain about a lack of travel should really complain about a lack of feedback on cheap keyboards.

Programmer

Cursory look on MacRumors shows quite a lot of complaints about the keyboard - stuck, not working, repeated service attempts, high costs out of warranty.  I don't like the arthritic short travel key strokes either.  Very high impact while typing because of the super short distance to decelerate strokes, can't be good on the joints.

J

Agreed, it's a horrible keyboard. I predict they will remove the touch bar in a near-mid term future iteration (couple-few years at maybe). It's horrible. It makes me want to switch to a dell w/linux for software engineering work. I like some of the day-to-day creature comforts of OS X but those keyboards are atrocious.

Edward Glasheen

The new Mac keyboards SUCK! I also required Apple to fix my stuck key due to dust/crumb... lost 3 days of productivity. I also returned a 13" MacBook Pro because the e key triple typed eee. Try programing with that going on... not fun.
I sold all my new Macs and purchased a Late 2011 15" Anti-Glare. Better keyboard love the screen (Glossy sucks too!).

Note: I typed this using my ThinkPad T420s... best keyboard ever!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview