News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Frank Azor: Dell mulling 3:2 and other aspect ratio screens for future XPS notebooks

Started by Redaktion, April 22, 2018, 17:27:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell could be looking at offering new aspect ratios aside from the standard 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio in future notebooks. This was confirmed in a conference call by Frank Azor during the new XPS and Alienware reveal. Opting for non-standard aspect ratios can greatly enhance the tablet mode experience especially in 2-in-1 notebooks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Frank-Azor-Dell-mulling-3-2-and-other-aspect-ratio-screens-for-future-XPS-notebooks.300550.0.html

God, finally.. I've been using one laptop for the last 9 years only because there was nothing to upgrade to.

renw0rp

was waiting for this for several years... good memories with proper-hard-coated-matte-4:3-high-resolution-1400x1050 screen from 15 years ago. What a shame that for several years we had to stand glossy screens (pretty much the only option around 2010), and "HD screens" (how can 1366x768 can be called "HD"???) which are still in existence. If they release something like 16:10-2:3-4:3 I will definitely buy it, even if it's a $100-200 premium

A.

Pfew! Finally, I was about to lose hope! I am willing to wait for the release of such a laptop - even more so if they move the webcam above the display, where it should be. Unfortunately, if all we've got today are some vague plans, then we'll have to wait some 2-3 years to see the new products.

DrZ

"16:9 has successfully replaced the 4:3 and 16:10 aspect ratio"
Only because pc users practically had no choice, it was basically forced on us by the drive for widescreen viewing for multimedia.
I managed to get a 16:10 monitor and altho I desperately need a new laptop, I cannot bear the thought of going to 16:9. And I cannot afford a decent (16Gb RAM) Surface.
We've moved over to paperless publishing...but text preparation in 16:9 is awful.
Please please give us a better size for text work on pcs.

Tweaker

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview