News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia GTX 1180 specs and performance data leaks out

Started by Redaktion, April 18, 2018, 18:02:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The next gen Geforce GTX 1180 GPUs from Nvidia could end up 50% faster than the GTX 1080, based on extrapolated data from the Volta architecture. Previously rumored to be released in July this year, the GTX 1180 might get a US$700 MSRP, but this could lead to more availability issues caused by cryptominers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-GTX-1180-specs-and-performance-data-leaks-out.299478.0.html

e

trix

Quote from: e on April 18, 2018, 23:38:28
"Leaks out"

No sources

You're scum for that article title, Bogdan

hate people like you, why does everything need validating? your going on a site to find something but you want the, to verifiy where they got it from off another site? how does it verify anything?
i read the exact info on another site. and they never revealed a source.
what information do you offer in regards to new info? 
when the info is confirmed and it is pretty accurate. youll be wrong but your comment will remain.  unless you can prove he is wrong id remove the insultive comment.

Ice Lake

Commenter #1: "You're scum" - addressing the author
Commenter #2: " I hate people like you" - addressing Commenter #1

^Why is everybody so toxic on the internet these days?

If the GTX 1180 is (supposedly) 50% faster than the 1080, would it be feasible for the GTX 1170 and 1160 to be roughly on par with the GTX 1080 and 1070 respectively? I'm currently holding off on a high-end gaming laptop purchase. I was initially planning on getting a 4k Razer Blade Pro after they update it with the 1100 series cards, but I am curious of any potential alternatives that might be a bit more... shall we say "economical"? Glossy high res screens are really a must for me, so the Aero 15x, Msi GS65, etc are out of the question.

Honestly, I am a bit apprehensive that these laptop manufacturers may skimp on the GPU's this time around and, for example, equip 1070 Max-Q laptops with 1160 GPUs... Kinda like what happened with the Razer Blade several years back (970m -> 1060). Yes I know the "m" GPUs pale in comparison to the mobile 1000 series, but it's worthwhile noting regardless.

My budget is $6K max btw

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: e on April 18, 2018, 23:38:28
"Leaks out"

No sources

You're scum for that article title, Bogdan

I beg your pardon, my source is WCCFTech. If anything, they should be considered scummy for not citing any source, as I already pointed out in the article.

Dunring

I'm waiting on a 1080TI to come in next week for gaming, and for 2k gaming it's the last stop for years. The new ones are aimed for 4k gaming, and until it matures it's still going to be a huge burden on the fastest of cards. No thanks, I'm not going back in time to 60fps when I can game at 140fps with Gsync off and a framerate limiter to keep under the 144 to avoid tearing. I didn't come this far just to get thrown back to 60fps and even harder to read in game text :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview