News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation Vita rumored to be on its way out

Started by Redaktion, April 17, 2018, 00:02:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

British tabloid newspaper The Daily Star has reported that Sony may be planning to discontinue the PlayStation Vita handheld game console, possibly this year. The device was launched in 2011, and although it's believed it has sold 10 to 15 million units, it just hasn't managed to keep up with the fierce competition from Nintendo.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-Vita-rumored-to-be-on-its-way-out.299342.0.html

superguy25

I have a Vita and the great disappointment was that there wasn't a whole lot of support it. Most games were just uninteresting or watered down versions of PS3 games. The Ninja Gaiden Sigma series was just to darn difficult to be fun.

The only cool thing was the ability to remote play a PS4, but it was hit or miss on how well it worked.

If Sony did something more along the lines of the Switch and actually supported it, it could have been great. However it ended up in the pile of bad purchases like Windows Me and the Wii U.

Ice Lake

"On its way out"? I thought that was a headline for the Vita back in 2014 xD

In all seriousness, it truly is a shame to see Sony just abandon the Vita. The launch model was awesome with that beautiful, glossy, OLED touch display. If only there were games to play on the thing! (I swear, all that came to the system was ports, "watered down" console games as superguy mentioned, and otaku-bait shovelware.)

-The 3DS had awesome games with horrendous hardware
-The Vita had horrendous games with awesome hardware

^Why can gamers never have their cake and eat it too?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview