News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple claims to be 100% green

Started by Redaktion, April 09, 2018, 23:17:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple has published a press release today claiming that the company is now 100% powered by renewable energy. The tech giant has heavily invested in a number of sustainable energy projects such as wind farms and solar power production. Apple's CEO, Tim Cook, has called the news a "significant milestone" and insists that the company will continue to be committed to a cleaner environment.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-claims-to-be-100-green.296726.0.html

Not 100% Green

How can Apple claim they're 100% Green when their suppliers are not green also - this therefore results in the products that they produce not being 100% Green; I don't believe Apple can make that statement, it's misleading.
Like it says in the article not all of their suppliers are Green, to quote from the article:  "The company also mentions that a total of 23 of their manufacturing suppliers are also following Apple's commitment to operating on clean energy.", so that's not all of their suppliers then.

Helium007

Indeed, these statements are just marketing for dumb people.

The biggest problem is manufacturing industry that consumes 100x more energy than stores and offices. And these manufacturers (especially in China), dont have any motivation for going green. And it will significantly increase prices too.

Maybe Quanta (manufacturer for HP and Dell), this company is far more progressive than many others in China. HP was able to force Quanta for significant manufacturing and ethical changes.
But for companies like Foxconn (main Apple supplier), I really dont think so...

Theodore

I'm french so sorry for my english, but the problem is not the renewable energy. Read the book "The Limit to Growth" from Meadows and you'll understand. Gold planet stocks are almost empty, Indium too (which is used for almost all screen that exist today). The problem is not here, all the big company have it completely wrong. Even if it wouldn't for marketing purpose it would not change anything. I'm a video game developper and I think I'll soon change work, because this world is not gonna last much longer... :'(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview