News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell announces their new G3, G5, and G7 budget-friendly gaming laptops

Started by Redaktion, April 03, 2018, 14:24:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has announced a new G-series of budget-friendly gaming laptops which offer a more affordable alternative to their premium Alienware line-up. This move helps to separate their gaming laptops from the Inspiron notebooks, even though the G5 looks distinctly like the previous Inspiron 15 7000.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-announces-their-new-G3-G5-and-G7-budget-friendly-gaming-laptops.293270.0.html

Heraldo Jones

They look as an excellent value. I will wait to see how much the battery lasts and if they have typical Dell coil whine issues.

Craig Ward

@Heraldo - Based on the CPU/GPU/Screen/battery combo, I would estimate the battery life to be around 6 - 6.5 hours (web browsing) on the i5/gtx1050/FHD configuration, and around 5 - 5.5 hours (web browsing) on the i7/GTX1060/UHD configuration.

But these are just guesses based on hardware at this stage.

Ednumero

Nice that even the G3 doesn't seem to have a possible low-quality-TN display option to watch out for.

I do wish/hope that the IPS FHD displays in at least some of these models will be high-sRGB type. The low sRGB IPS displays in the current models look a lot better than low-quality-TN, but they still leave something to be desired when it comes to color saturation.

Grosse Fatigue

My 2 cts. The G3 17" should have had an optional 4K display. I hope the 1080p is high quality. I want it for spare and play around. Plastic is fine at that price, three times less than my 17" Precision 7720 with a Quadro P4000.
The 17" should have come with a larger battery. Portability is really second when you get hold of a GTX 1060.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview