News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Expect the Dell XPS 2-in-1 to be available in a couple of days from now

Started by Redaktion, March 27, 2018, 14:58:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The much anticipated Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 will launch this week if a tweet by Dell's Frank Azor is anything to go by. The launch of the Intel 'Kaby Lake-G'-powered convertible has eluded fans ever since it was announced at CES 2018 and Azor's tweet could offer some respite for those looking to lay their hands on one.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Expect-the-Dell-XPS-2-in-1-to-be-available-in-a-couple-of-days-from-now.292616.0.html

James Lyne

Quote from: Ikhlaq on March 27, 2018, 15:34:27
Regular xps 15 is hotly anticipated not this 2 in 1 crap

Speak for yourself, I'm rather looking forward to it. Hope it's good as it may be the cheaper alternative to the surface book 2 I'm looking for.

ch4ddy

Considering how utterly disappointing the "proper" Dell XPS 15 refresh's GPU is, this 2-in-1 is looking like a better alternative (the 9570 revision will have a Max-Q card significantly weaker than a GTX 1070 Max-Q according to Frank Azor; best guess is a 1060 Max - Q).
    In other words:
$1,500(est.) = XPS 15 2-in-1 = 1050Ti Tier Graphics performance = 6,700 FireStrike Score on average
$2,000(est.) = XPS 15 9570 = 1060 Max - Q Graphics performance = 8,700 FireStrike Score on average (factor in the new hexa-core CPUs and maybe a score of around 9,300 would be feasible).

^I can't speak for anyone else but, personally, I'd take the extra functionality over a negligible graphics advantage. Now, if the New XPS 15 9570 had a Max Q GTX 1070 - 1080, or perhaps the Volta/ Ampere equivalent my tune would change completely.

Luke Orioli

It is of my opinion that this machine will be the best of its kind. It has everything I have been looking for in a laptop: Small form factor, gaming capabilities, 2 in 1 feature, which allows me to enjoy mathematics even when I don't have a pen and paper; and thunderbolt 3 for egpus. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview