News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A 5G capable iPhone in 2019 is highly unlikely

Started by Redaktion, March 04, 2018, 15:52:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple could be looking to play the waiting card until Intel gets its 5G modem ready, which implies Qualcomm is being given the slip. We might not be seeing a 5G enabled iPhone in 2019, although, Apple is already testing the technology.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-5G-capable-iPhone-in-2019-is-highly-unlikely.287364.0.html

Martin82

I would expect nothing more. After all, they were the last to offer a 3G phone too.
Apple...holding back the mobile industry for a decade. It it weren't for them, we wouldn't see non-removable batteries or removal of 3.5mm jacks...or notches! It's a cancer to the industry. But of course, the insanity of Android phones' manufacturers is also to blame.

gdsfds

I know that whoever is first matters in the industry, but I don't really understand the rush here. 4G is fast enough for everything (that is, if you have a good implementation and coverage, I have 150mpbs download with Z3 compact from 4 years ago), so no need to get out a product which is 5G capable, but it is useless since there will be no networks for it for at least a few years on.
I admire Qualcomm but I think they are forcing things here, since the only reason I see them doing this is for more money. So good decision from Apple to wait. In the end, if I were to decide, I would just buy Intel only modems and forget about Qualcomm.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview