News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker Technologies XMG Pro 17 (Clevo PA71HS-G) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, February 20, 2018, 18:20:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The best of both worlds. While most people have to choose between a gaming notebook that support either G-Sync (smooth image) or Optimus (longer battery life), the XMG Pro 17 supports both Nvidia technologies at the same time. You can find out in our review what else the 17-incher has to offer.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-Technologies-XMG-Pro-17-Clevo-PA71HS-G-Laptop-Review.284844.0.html

Ogulca

I do not understand the design team of Clevo. Why in the earth you put CPU directly under of WASD are?!!? Like what the heck? Because of that poor design choice, all of their models' WASD areas get crazy hot...

Chastity

As an owner, you can solve this by:

1) CPU undervolt.  Mine takes a -.125v and affords some lower temps.
2) Improve underchassis airflow.  Lifting up the back an inch or 2 can do wonders.  Or use the laptop on top of a laptop cooler, which doesn't need to be on.
3) Repaste.  I redid mine, and got a 5C drop in temps under load using ICD7 for the CPU.

My WASD keys get mildly warm.  Even before all this, they got very warm, but not "crazy hot".

LL

After all this years still no sensible improvement of noise and temperatures...

I am on a Clevo with i-7 4700 from 2013! and certainly this does not make me want to change. Only the GPU is really improved.

Erore

Avoid these computers if possible. The major issue is that the support only lasts 3 years. After 4 years there are no components on the market. If your case gets damaged (and it is not so difficult, it is just plastic anyway), you wont be able to get a replacement period and you can throw away your 4000 euro computer because of a broken cheap plastic.

David O'Sullivan

Another thing to note with this model (and variants of it from other suppliers) is that while it has 2 M2 slots, it can only handle 1 NVMe card, so basically as configured in this review, you cannot use the second M2 slot at all.

This is a very poor choice in my opinion, the Aorus X7 v7 has 2 NVMe slots *and* 4 x DIMM slots, which is much better. If only its keyboard and wifi worked...

David O'Sullivan

Does this computer have an anti-ghosting keyboard? I.e can it handle common keyboard shortcuts in applications?

Also is the wifi capable of connecting even when the laptop is not sat right next to the router?

deBaer

Quote from: David O'Sullivan on March 16, 2018, 12:38:24
Another thing to note with this model (and variants of it from other suppliers) is that while it has 2 M2 slots, it can only handle 1 NVMe card, so basically as configured in this review, you cannot use the second M2 slot at all.

That's not right. I have this model and two NVMe drives. The only difference between the two M.2 slots is that SSD1 has 4 PCIe lanes and SSD2 only has 2.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview