News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The HP Elitebook 800 brings more screen real-estate without packing on the pounds

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2018, 09:04:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP has announced upgrades for the top-selling Elitebook 800 series, with the 830 G5, 840 G5, and 850 G5. side bezels have been shrunk on all with the 12.5-inch model now getting a 13.3-inch screen in the same body size. All models have an optional integrated display privacy filter, and a selection of business-centric features.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-HP-Elitebook-800-brings-more-screen-real-estate-without-packing-on-the-pounds.280644.0.html

Peter marks

Height is not the only dimension. You talk about size difference throughout the article, what is the width and length? Get the basics right for god sake.

Benjamin Herzig

Quote from: Peter marks on February 07, 2018, 12:31:05Height is not the only dimension. You talk about size difference throughout the article, what is the width and length? Get the basics right for god sake.
Unfortunately, HP did not give us specifications on the width and length of the new models.

Peter marks

Don't be lazy

830 - 12.22" x 9.03" x 0.7"
840 - 12.84" x 9.22" x 0.7"
850 - 14.6" x 9.91" x 0.72"

Benjamin Herzig

Yes, these specs are available now – they weren't though before the announcement (when this article was written). If you would take a look at the spec-sheet included in this article, you would see that it does not include the specifications on width and length.

Dani Salg

Anybody knows if the new 840 and 850 still have the ability to use a m.2 SSD and a SATA HDD at the same time? Another website that provided info about storage options listed only m.2 drives. If they do I can finally upgrade from my 840 G3. If they don't ...

R.2

@Dani Salg
1x M.2 Slot only - officially certified up to 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
No more 2,5" SLot available

Dani Salg

Thanks @R.2

That is a shame. This line has been my favorite because of that option and the user friendly serviceability. I guess I will not upgrade after all  :(

They already had the 1000 and x360 lines as m.2 only. I wonder who is pushing notebook makers away from modularity and serviceability?

R.2

They are even better when it comes to servicability than the previous generation. Less screws and no more screw covers to remove on the bottom before you even see the screws.
I think the reason why they kicked the 2,5" slot is that the customers nowadays are more interested in better battery run time (so, bigger batteries) und less weight/smaller footprint.
I personally don't know any business customer who needs more than 1TB Storage locally in their mobile devices (besides engineers who should use mobile workstations).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview