News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook UX530UX (i7-7500U, GTX 950M) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, February 04, 2018, 08:56:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tame lightweight. A 15-inch device which is still as thin as 17 mm and weighs only 1630 grams? A brilliant screen with minimal bezels? A battery runtime lasting a whole day? We will check into those big promises the manufacturer has made, thoroughly testing the allegedly slimmest ZenBook with gaming graphics.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-UX530UX-i7-7500U-GTX-950M-Laptop-Review.281428.0.html

Pablo62

To perform any maintenance on this PC (that I own), I confirm that there are two damn hidden screws (Cross not Torx) under the pads close the screen side.
I hope this information will be useful to some people !

Alex71

@Pablo62, could you please tell us if RAM is soldered on the main board or is it user-replaceable ?
Also the SSD socket, does it support only SATA drives or NVMe as well ?

Maybe you could post photo of the internals of this Notebook?
As I am considering to buy it, hence the review leaves rather mixed feelings.

Thank you in advance.

Pablo62

@Alex71 The RAM does not seem to be accessible. I don't even know where it is on the mother board. The M.2 SSD drive is accessible and can be replaced (I have 475 GB effectively and intend to change to 1TB when the prices will drop). I put a photo there ibb . co / hBPQxS.

Overall it's a pretty good PC. For me the main advantages are its light weight and its fairly good computing habilities and a good RGB color rendition (I do some image retouching on photoshop).

The main downside is the build quality of the screen. It's fully platistic and doesn't seem to be very solid. An aluminium cover would have feel a lot better. I fear the coming scratches and mostly the LCD damages if an object presses too much the cover ...

If the weight, the screen color rendition and the performance are your main criterias, then there are no matches for this price (Asus Zenbook UX530UX-FY017T at around 1200€).

David Kalbermatten

@Pablo62
I own the same notebook as well. But over time I realised that I need a storage upgrade. I haven't opened the device yet.
First up, thanks for the info about the two hidden screws, thumbs up, what I'd like to know before proceeding is if there is a second m.2 slot, because the UEFI shows a second SATA port and I wondered if I'd need to replace the existing ssd or just expand.
Kind regards from Switzerland
David

Pablo62

@David Kalbermatten
Have a look there : ibb . co / hBPQxS (remove de spaces on your browser). The M2 slot is on the top of the picture. For me, there is no space for another SSD. I didn't remove the motherboard to see under and I wouldn't.
I think you'll have to do the same as I intend to do : replace the SSD. If you do so I would be glad to hear from you if you'd encountered any difficulties !

Pablo

David Kalbermatten

@Pablo62
I know it's been a while. But I only now found the time and money to replace the SSD. First up, everything went smoothly and only took me about 20 minutes to replace. Didn't find the second slot though (M.2).
Well that's about it ;)

vlad

HEllo, guys!
I am planning to change my ssd in this laptop, but looking this photo ibb . co /hBPQxS I am not sure what is ssd on it. Is it hidden under the silver metal in the top right?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview