News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 9370 (Core i5, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, January 30, 2018, 14:33:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new XPS 13 - live test. It has been a few years since Dell has last showered its successful XPS 13 line with a major update. While the hardware has already been used in the older model the new thinner case is supposed to make everything better. One improvement we have already been able to spot: CABC can be fully disabled at last.

Update: battery life, power consumption, PWM, outdoor photos.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9370-Core-i5-FHD-Laptop-Review.280518.0.html

Seymor Butts

To get touchscreen it looks you need to get 4k. 4k means battery drain. Laptop got smaller battery than 9360. Less ports as well.

Competitors can do 2 in 1 at this price point with 8th gen U, unlike the 9365 which is Y series.

A laptop at this price point should not have so many flaws.

Nicolas Jafelle

What is the point of having a quadcore cpu if the laptop cannot keep it cool? I tested the Dell inspiron 13 7373 and happens the same as this new xps 13, it reachs 98°C super easy and runs at constantly 60 to 70°c. Maybe this quadcore cpus suits better to traditional laptops, bigger and thicker like 14 or 15.6 inch.

What about the fan? Does it get loud constantly? Runs all the time? In my Dell inspiron 13 7373 it was terrible annoying, even repasted did not help at all.

Tomatot

QuoteOnly recently did Dell provide XPS 13 9350 and 9360 FHD owners with a patch allowing to disable CABC

I'm very interested by this. Where did you get this information please?

Thanks for the article and the review anyway. :)

Tomatot

I can't post links but I found it on reddit. Type this : Dell XPS 13 FHD OFFICIAL CABC FIX (9350/9360)

Then it will redirect you to dell.com in order to download the software.

I found it. You made my day notebookcheck :D

Yohanes

Impressive cooling and throttling behaviour from such small laptop. I wonder if Dell Latiþde 7490 also use GORE cooling technology and up the TDP to 25W like what Dell did with their new XPS 13 9370?  I am in the market to buy either Dell Latitude 7490 or Thinkpad T480.

Bruce Hahn

This review of the 4K display on the XPS 9370 implies that it is worse than the standard display.  But every other review, I have read, raves about how much nicer the 4K display is, compared to the standard display, even after lowering the brightness level. I do not understand why this review implies that the experiences of all those other reviewers are wrong.  Am I missing something?

sycyhy

So where is the cooling/temperature test?:) You mention it on the beginning but that's about it :)

frogg

these machines are more portable desktops than laptops. And they do cost much much more than much much more powerful desktops .   And they are not frugal enough to be reliable on the go. 40 W lol !!!
When i'm on the go, i don't need a powerful machine for reading my mails, read web pages or do some Perl scripting.

Esi

No more matte display? Another high end line ruined. Bye XPS 13!!

Toby M

You can always get anti-glare matt screen protectors. High quality ones are practically indistinguishable from a laptop's built in matt display.

Esi

Do you know one of quality? in the reviews there is always a comment about the screen getting blurry.

Crinosil

Good review...very thorough....  but, I always have a problem when a reviewer makes an assumption like... the I7 version won't have any advantage in multithreaded processing over the i5....without actually testing that this is true...

Troels

'TB 3 is only attached via two PCIe lanes, but the performance should still be very good as long as you connect the external monitor directly to the eGPU. Also see our dedicated article for more details.'

But earlier in the review, you state the TB 3 interface has 4 lanes - Also, according to Dell, the xps 13 9370 has 4 lane PCIe Thunderbolt 3 interface?

Sanjeev

when are you going to cover audio quality[dac] of these 'premium' devices importantly headphones

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview