News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G4 (FHD, 7820HQ) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, January 15, 2018, 19:46:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Beauty and a beast. The EliteBook 1040 G4 now offers Intel's Core i7-7820HQ. The quad-core processor is quite a step up from most ultrabook CPUs, but how does it compare to more powerful devices and Intel's own 8th-gen Kaby Lake R silicon?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Elitebook-Folio-1040-G4-FHD-7820HQ-Laptop-Review.274722.0.html

Raevin

Sam Medley

Hi Raevin, review author here.

It's likely that the discrepancy you're seeing is more of a difference between the respective notebooks as a whole. In other words, the Microsoft Surface Book 2 likely benchmarked much better than other laptops with the i7-8650U. Keep in mind that these benchmarks are tied to a laptop, not a specific processor. You can check the individual CPU pages via our search tool to get mean and median scores for a specific CPU.

JT

Hello Sam,

Has HP detailed any plans to offer the 1040 G4 with the 8th gen Intel processors within the next couple of months?  Or can we expect the 8th gen processors to appear on the next iteration of this laptop, like the 1040 G5?

Sam Medley

Hi JT,

Thanks for reading the review! We haven't heard anything from HP about whether or not they'll offer this with Kaby Lake-R CPUs. Knowing HP, though, it's very likely that they'll start offering configurations with Intel's 8th gen processors. It might be a quiet release, though, so check through the configuration options.

TL;DR: we haven't heard anything from HP on this matter.

Thanks again for your readership!

Leonardo Visentin

This device in Italy with the same specs costs the stunning amount of 3300€ in HP store, equivalent to a mind-flattering 4050 US$...

Pedro

Two days ago I got 1040 g4 with 7200U, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM...It would be absolutely amazing device in my opinion, but coil whine...I just hear it in normal use...very disappointed. I am going to return it. Also had Thinkpad T470 and Latitude E5570 and every one was "infected" by audible coil whine. What can you say. It is simply unbelievable.

Jack

After 4 months of usage left cooler started making some crunchy sound. Exactly like my the spectre x360 which I had before 1040. I advise you guys keep that in mind. HP,how is that possible? OK, elegant Spectre might theoretically get such issue,but tough MIL certified 1040 g4?! Really,really frustrated and I'm not sure I will give you guys 3rd chance. But for this fan issue, 1040 is the best laptop I had,plus omen accelerator make a really cool gaming machine out of it. Please,HP,start doing normal fans. Or at least the ones that can be replaced without replacing the whole motherboard. Thinking about the new xps 13...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview