News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The U11 EYEs will be yet another overpriced device by HTC

Started by Redaktion, January 13, 2018, 20:55:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The U11 EYEs will be HTC's next mid-ranger. It'd be a solid device if it were priced as a mi-ranger but rumors point towards a price tag above the US$500 mark.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-HTC-U11-EYEs-will-be-yet-another-overpriced-device-by-HTC.277928.0.html

Rick

Wow, this is just slander. If you don't like HTC that's cool just say, but it doesn't make you the right person to write about them. Their phones are great. This one is a great mid-range phone. At least compare it to phones with similar designs and specs, such the cameras, ram, internal storage, waterproof, edge sense isn't innovative? What innovation has Samsung or LG brought in the last years except copy of of what's already out there. I'll tell you straight away you will not find a similar phone comparable with the same features. HTC makes brilliant phones and has done so for years on end. They've listened to their users and adjusted to the markets wishes. They are the only phone company at this moment that actually innovates, Edge Sense, is what innovation is. The only problem they have is sticking with a name for a certain line. Going from Desire to One and now u11. No, it's not great marketing like Samsung and Apple who stick to what works and keep it simple. If they had a smart man in marketing they would do a lot better. Only the smart people know they create great phones and don't just poop out slightly upgraded similar to last year's crap, riddled with crapware no one needs or uses. If you decide to review phones again, I advise you to stay objective, otherwise your review becomes an opinion and people aren't looking for opinions, but facts.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Rick on January 15, 2018, 01:20:26
Wow, this is just slander. If you don't like HTC that's cool just say, but it doesn't make you the right person to write about them. Their phones are great. This one is a great mid-range phone. At least compare it to phones with similar designs and specs, such the cameras, ram, internal storage, waterproof, edge sense isn't innovative? What innovation has Samsung or LG brought in the last years except copy of of what's already out there. I'll tell you straight away you will not find a similar phone comparable with the same features. HTC makes brilliant phones and has done so for years on end. They've listened to their users and adjusted to the markets wishes. They are the only phone company at this moment that actually innovates, Edge Sense, is what innovation is. The only problem they have is sticking with a name for a certain line. Going from Desire to One and now u11. No, it's not great marketing like Samsung and Apple who stick to what works and keep it simple. If they had a smart man in marketing they would do a lot better. Only the smart people know they create great phones and don't just poop out slightly upgraded similar to last year's crap, riddled with crapware no one needs or uses. If you decide to review phones again, I advise you to stay objective, otherwise your review becomes an opinion and people aren't looking for opinions, but facts.

Hello there, Rick. Article author here.

First of all, thanks for reading! Moving on, I do honestly believe the U11 EYEs is overpriced, and there's enough data to back it up. HTC produces some absolutely stunning devices, no doubt. The U11 was a favorite of mine last year, as it had no significant flaws. My first Android device was the HTC Desire, the first-gen released in 2010, and it was a stunning piece of hardware at the time.
Just pointing out that I have no biases against HTC.

That said, while the company produces some excellent devices, there's no doubt that it has had massive issues with pricing of recent. I had my reservations about the U11 Life, for example, and the U11 EYEs picks up right where the former left. That's not to say that the U11 EYEs is a bad device. No, not at all. On paper, IP68 certification, enough storage and RAM, a sizeable battery, and a trending display configuration are a few of its USPs. One can almost forgive the two-year-old 28nm SoC, but not at the US$510 price point.

At that point, you're better off buying an Mi Note 3, Moto X4, or Honor 9. All three cost under $400. Even the Honor V10 and the OnePlus 5T, hailed as one of the best flagships of 2017, are cheaper the U11 EYEs. Surely it's undeniable that the device is poorly priced?

Of course, your point that this piece wandered too far into subjective territory is fully valid, and it will be tagged as an Opinion piece immediately.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for sharing your opinion! Always welcome!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview