News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First benchmarks of the Acer Nitro 5 (2018): AMD Ryzen 7 2700U takes the Intel Core i7-7700HQ head on

Started by Redaktion, January 09, 2018, 04:01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Preliminary benchmarks of the AMD 'Raven Ridge' powered Acer Nitro 5 currently being showcased at CES 2018 show that the Ryzen 7 2700U can perform equivalently, if not better, than Intel's 7th generation 'Kaby Lake' Core i7-7700HQ. This is great news for multimedia enthusiasts as the Ryzen APUs offer a higher performance per dollar compared to the Intel equivalents.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-benchmarks-of-the-Acer-Nitro-5-2018-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700U-takes-the-Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ-head-on.277336.0.html

Very impressive for 15W!

Vlad

This is great, I kinda expected it to be this good since Ryzen on desktop is already very good. In the end, people will be people and will not buy AMD just because it is not Intel. I think AMD should have a very agressive marketing strategy with they Ryzen CPUs since people might not know yet how good they are.
Indeed, maybe Intel is 15-20% better in gaming, but that gaming difference is above 100FPS which nobody can see. If battery life is ~ to Intel, they have every reason to brag.

Coppermine

Yet still cannot touch that 700+ CB points as shown on AMD's Ryzen mobile launch slides. Also these Acer designed notebooks are likely capable of dissipating 25W, as mentioned elsewhere (especially by Anandtech on the Swift 3 model, quotes "Back at the Ryzen Mobile launch, AMD stated that the chassis for the Swift 3 was designed to dissipate 25W at maximum"). Heck even the lower Intel Core i5-8250U was capable of hitting 700+ CB on some notebooks, particularly TechTablets review of Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro got 736 CB points by enabling "TDP up". Thus likely those Ryzen mobile results with 700+ or near 700 CB points were most likely achieved with TDP much greater than 15W.

cb88

It's 25w .... no Raven Ridge laptop yet has ran at the midrange TDP.

The chips are speced from 9-25w cTDP and everyone is running at 25w.

martin t.

people will be people and buy intel...

The problem is that most vendors do not offer the same machines just with different cpu's. So far the ryzen notebooks are all not premium tier devices.
while the cpu is awesome the rest of the notebook is lacking. therefore a lot of people get a better notebook with an intel cpu which is worse than an amd one simply because the whole intel notebook as a package is better

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview