News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The ultimate FAQ: Answers on Always Connected PCs with Snapdragon chip and Windows 10 on ARM

Started by Redaktion, December 12, 2017, 19:18:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Since last week it has become clear: The rigid Microsoft-Intel partnership is crumbling, and with its ARM processors, Qualcomm will become part of the laptop market in the future. The first notebooks with Snapdragon 835 will come out in the beginning of 2018, promising a long battery life and always-connected LTE connections to the net. However, many detail questions still remained unanswered, and we are providing the ultimate FAQ on frequent questions around Always Connected PCs and the modern ARM variant of Windows 10.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-ultimate-FAQ-Answers-on-Always-Connected-PCs-with-Snapdragon-chip-and-Windows-10-on-ARM.270582.0.html

A Abdul Razak

Thank you for providing many informations here, these could be used to ilustrate what is the next Windows on ARM device (after the death of Windows RT).

But, I just curious, how the Windows 10 32bit version could utilize 4GB RAM and even take advantage from 8GB RAM in these devices?
Usually a "normal" windows 32bit version only occupy 3GB of RAM even there is more RAM capacity attached.
Or, 32bit is only the capability of software that emulated, while the OS itself is not 32bit?
Or, the Windows OS is modified 32bit?
Or, using Physical Address Extention?

*sorry for my bad english.  ;D

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: A Abdul Razak on December 14, 2017, 02:43:35
Thank you for providing many informations here, these could be used to ilustrate what is the next Windows on ARM device (after the death of Windows RT).

But, I just curious, how the Windows 10 32bit version could utilize 4GB RAM and even take advantage from 8GB RAM in these devices?
Usually a "normal" windows 32bit version only occupy 3GB of RAM even there is more RAM capacity attached.
Or, 32bit is only the capability of software that emulated, while the OS itself is not 32bit?
Or, the Windows OS is modified 32bit?
Or, using Physical Address Extention?

*sorry for my bad english.  ;D

Hi Abdul,

The OS itself is ARM-64 capable. Its only the emulation layer that is 32-bit.

A Abdul Razak

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview