News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Ideapad 120s (11-inch) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 12, 2017, 09:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Smaller size, bigger value. The 11-inch Lenovo Ideapad 120s carries over many of the same facets of its 14-inch brother in a more compact case. However, with half the RAM and a smaller body, can it keep up with the larger model?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Ideapad-120s-11-inch-Notebook-Review.268204.0.html

alexgray

Lenovo most premium, even AMOLED, comes with aggressive PWM.
This netbook with NO PWM DETECTED  ;D ;D ;D

Gil Gaudia

Thank you for this thorough review, Sam.  I wish I had read it before I wasted my $169, but I was in a hurry.  Now I find that the hard drive is below 3gb remaining and I have deleted and uninstalled everything imaginable, including the one-year trial of Microsoft Word.  I am afraid that after a few more updates (I have uninstalled all that are allowable) there will be not enough space left to function at all.  The Best Buy store "Geek" says I will have to scrap it at that point because there is no provision for adding more space.  He said even an external hard drive would not work,
Since I am virtually "computer unsavvy" I feel like I was sucker punched by Best Buy and Lenovo.

Leon Spinx

I've had this ideapad for a week now and am very happy with it.  I primarily use it to stream sporting events while cozied up at my favorite bar and it does the job quite well.  HD streams look really crisp, and the bluetooth allows me to hear it just fine.  The speakers are mostly useless, but that is ok as audio is not important to me in this scenario.  It's either headphones or silence.

Bloatware was limited to the Office suite and McCaffee.  I disabled all updates as it does what I need just fine.  Having multiple tabs open with Opera will cause the stream to stutter as the memory is very low, but I'm fine with it considering the low price.  And the battery life is really, really long, even streaming and multi tabbing.  I'm digging it.

Frances Ann Van Buskirk

Suitable for travel photographer for backup from sd cards to external ssd through the two usb 3.0 ports. Basic editing and posting of images online via browser. Able to use excel for database, remote desktop connection, cisco vpn, vnc, vlc, etc. and viewing of videos. Small and light in weight easy to slip into small backpack. USB transfer rates of 30-60 MB/s depending on card read speed. Can also read micro sd cards with built in reader. Decent battery life, small multi voltage power adapter. Low price reduces the cost of potential theft loss. Was 143 from amazon warehouse used in new condition.

Van Buskirk

Ran out of windows 10 update space with the 32gb emmc model last year, so it's not a winbook anymore. Replaced OS with Linux Mint and now have 43% free with a couple packages removed. Using for web browsing and Home Assistant. Battery still holding up well. Plan to turn it into NAS with smb storage plugged into the usb 3.1 port (not tested) and more Home Assistant development.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview