News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 13 7380 (i7-7600U, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, December 11, 2017, 04:40:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The sweet spot? Dell's revision of their 13.3-inch Latitude 7000 series introduces active cooling and brings the machine up to speed with its 12.5 and 14-inch counterparts. With a Core i7 CPU, 16 GB RAM, and a Samsung NVMe SSD, is this the business-grade XPS 13 we've been waiting for?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-13-7380-i7-7600U-FHD-Laptop-Review.267902.0.html

Vanav

Does this Latitude 7380 FHD panel has always-on CABS (content adaptive brightness control) / DBS (dynamic backlight control) like Latitude 7370 FHD and XPS 13 FHD?

Jojo Kracko

It seems to be a double priced zenbook with a smaller screen and poorer color reproduction.

I imagine the zenbook wasn't included in the review because of how poor the dell would compare to it.

Sontoloyo

Steve Schardein

Thanks for the comments guys; appreciate your taking the time to read!

To answer Vanav's question regarding the use of CABC, I can't personally detect it on this machine.  It's unplugged, I've switched between black and white screens, and I see no luminosity difference, at least not at all subjectively.  It's very noticeable on the XPS 13 I have here, but not at all from what I can tell on the 7380.

Steve

powerslave12r

They need to make the successor to the 7480 the same as this laptop with the 14" screen. Even better if they manage a 15" screen without the numpad.

Steve Schardein

While I was writing this review, I was talking with a client about how I bet that's the next logical step for the Latitude 7000 lineup.

Armand

Is the Thunderbolt a true Thunderbolt or a half lane one like with the XPS 15. In other words can we use an external GPU with this laptop?

dthrp

@Armand:

x4 but at this point it is recommended to wait for 7490 which will be a major upgrade in years with the new quad-core ULV CPUs.

www .dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukdhs1/qna44089/thunderbolt-3-40gbps-data-transfer-rate?lang=en

culot

"This is a different version from the (14-inch model) 7480 keyboard, which features longer key travel and a slightly higher actuation force. "

Do you measure that? From what I can tell from they are identical in every way except for the length of cabling.

Steve Schardein

@culot:

It is definitely a different feel from the 7480 keyboard, which has quite a bit more travel alone.  If anything, it may be the exact same part as the 7280, but the 7480 sure seems different!

-Steve

pdothash

Can the USB-C port be used for charging? In other words, can you work with the Dell dock using just one cable, or do you need two (the other one being the power cable)?

pdothash

Quote from: Jojo Kracko on December 12, 2017, 00:03:02
It seems to be a double priced zenbook with a smaller screen and poorer color reproduction.
Which Zenbook would that be exactly (with 12-inch body and a 13-inch screen)?

Deller

The Core-M cpu was absolutely fine. This model now has little to distinguish itself from the 12 or 14" models.

Most users are definitely not using the Core i5 or i7 to their full potential. But when they do even these processors throttle back their performances considerably. So to me the relative gains of excess energy consumption for marginal performance gain makes little sense. If you are doing anything serious then desktops are still better suited.

Toby M

It's been proven here that laptops with Core M/Y have worse battery life than those with same generation i3/i5/i7 ULV CPUs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview