News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Wileyfox's new Windows Phone isn't shipping today like planned

Started by Redaktion, December 05, 2017, 00:53:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 'Wileyfox Pro with Windows 10' Windows phone has been delayed by two weeks until the 18th of December.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Wileyfox-s-new-Windows-Phone-isn-t-shipping-today-like-planned.267904.0.html

asherpat

Why are you trying to belittle this device so much? What makes you try and ridicule it and Windows. It really looks obsessive to mock a system that doesn't threaten the absolute domination of Apple, why the vitriol?

Craig Ward

Hi Asherpat, I think you're reading too deeply into my statements on this phone so you're assuming I have some sort of vendetta against it.

To address a few points though:
* "poorly named" - Apart from being a long winded name, the product isn't of a level to deserve the 'pro' moniker, and it is awkward to put 'Windows 10' in the name.

* "overpriced" and "underpowered" - The price is US$255, but it is equipped with an entry level SoC originally announced in 2014. The Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL has the same SoC, operating system, and shares other specs, but is less than half the price. I'm forgiving of the internals of that Alcatel phone because it is priced suitably for what it is equipped with.

* I was a daily user of Windows Phone over almost 4 years, in conjunction with an Android phone.

Hopefully this helps you understand my assessment of the Wiley Pro with Windows 10.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview