News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

150-inch micro-LED TVs to be demoed by Samsung at CES 2018

Started by Redaktion, November 27, 2017, 19:43:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung claims the micro-LEDs are better than OLEDs when it comes to larger screen TVs. The microscopic LEDs would solve the burn-in problems that come with the OLED displays, and would allow for larger screen sizes at a fraction of the cost.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/150-inch-micro-LED-TVs-to-be-demoed-by-Samsung-at-CES-2018.266968.0.html

DX

Couple of problems here.  This is a few years away so they really haven't even proved they can achieve manufacturing yields at costs that are sustainable, something that every technology so far has failed at when it comes to truly incredible picture technology.  Even OLED is having issues with scaling.
Next and very critical here, LED's degenerate.  LED's have lifespans and making them smaller is going to likely reduce those lifespans as the materials that create the slow degradation are even of an even smaller mass than their larger cousins.  I think they released this to take some of the thunder away from OLED.  I agree OLED has issues, but I don't see this press release as some secret sauce solution just waiting in the wings.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview