News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Not to worry, Dell will bring Ubuntu to the early 2018 Intel 8th gen. XPS 13 'developers edition'

Started by Redaktion, November 24, 2017, 19:11:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A member of Dell's Project Sputnik has posted on Reddit confirming that while they are skipping the Kaby Lake-R refresh of the XPS 13, there will be an Ubuntu 'developer edition' with the 8th gen processor in early 2018.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Not-to-worry-Dell-will-bring-Ubuntu-to-the-early-2018-Intel-8th-gen-XPS-13-developers-edition.266602.0.html

Name

This is the news I've been waiting for! It's really exciting to see a new developer edition. Hopefully this has all the bells and whistles.
I might actually be able to switch from a macbook pro to an XPS 13.

daveo

And hopefully it will be in all markets this time!!!, last time I tried to buy a XPS 13 'developers edition' (you know supporting OEM's that ship Linux) they refused to sell me one as they claimed they couldn't make it available in my country (Australia). There's not much point announcing to the world about these sort of things and then limiting them to 1 or 2 countries.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview