News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Chuwi LapBook Air 14.1 (N3450, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, October 31, 2017, 23:28:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Attractive and slow. Chuwi's MacBook Air clone certainly looks nice and could easily pass as an Ultrabook twice the price. Dig a little deeper, however, and the small flaws quickly begin to crack.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Chuwi-LapBook-Air-14-1-N3450-FHD-Laptop-Review.261054.0.html

jimbo bob

While your review is comprehensive, I'm not convinced its balanced or fair. The numerous comparisons with machines several times the price of the Chuwi really has no relevance, its like comparing a Mazda MX5 to a Ferrari.

Laurie McKinlay

Rhobson Vanzella

Amazing in-depth review.
I only missed the speed comparison of the secondary M.2 2242 SSD storage, compared with other ultrabooks or even regular notebooks. This is relevant specially when the primary SSD on this unit manages to be slower than the same make/model SSD in another ultrabook.

If there is no speed reduction, using a M.2 drive and run Windows from there, making the primary SSD as a secondary (slower) storage would be good.

Also, is there any performance difference if the cooling is improved (let's say a laptop base with fans)? I saw that this Apollo Lake N3450 has a somewhat good performance for daily office usage IF it could be kept constantly in the boost clock, which is not possible due to the passive cooling.

dejal

jimbo bob is 100% correct. 

I'm typing this on a Beelink ap34 8 GB/64 GB box velcored to the back of a 65 inch Sony.  Essentially the same guts as this laptop.

I'm more concerned about quality control issues more than anything else.  The BeeLink does everything I expected out of it and I would expect the performance of this unit to be the same. 

Tabs in web browsers like you wouldn't believe.  Libreoffice works fine.

About the only performance issue is 4K output of Youtube videos.  It does it, but it does stall a little bit.

I am slightly concerned about the power plug.  Supposedly it is proprietary, but I've seen no mention of why.  It could be the power going in is non-standard (whatever that means) or the shape of the plug is non-standard.

I have a 6 year old HP mini tower something.  3 GB Ram, 600 + GB storage.  5400 RPM hard drive. The Beelink blows it away.

Alex Lim

Quote from: jimbo bob on February 07, 2018, 10:20:04
While your review is comprehensive, I'm not convinced its balanced or fair. The numerous comparisons with machines several times the price of the Chuwi really has no relevance, its like comparing a Mazda MX5 to a Ferrari.

Felt the same way reading it.  I suggest the reviewer put the MSRP of each of the products compared with.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview