News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ZBook Studio G4 (Xeon, Quadro M1200, DreamColor) Workstation Review

Started by Redaktion, October 24, 2017, 23:07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Criticism accepted. HP does not touch the chassis of the ZBook Studio G4 and focuses on the internals. Our test model shows this was a good decision. The DreamColor display is also very good, and both the temperature as well as noise development are better than before, but you should not expect long battery runtimes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-Studio-G4-Xeon-Quadro-M1200-DreamColor-Workstation-Review.258940.0.html

TheRabbit2

I wonder how much battery life this would have with the 1080p screen and possibly having optimous working

valuxin

Also, there is an 92Whr option - it'll significantly improve the battery life for both DC and non-DC models. I own Studio G3 with 4K non-DC panel and it's battery life is pretty acceptable: nearly 7 hours of video playback on min brightness and 4-5 hours of casual use with 50% brightness.

P.S. New 92Whr battery is compatible with Studio G3. I see no reason to upgrade to G4, because performance is pretty much the same. CPU power on both models is ok for the next few years, GPU power could be easily improved by using eGPU thunderbolt solution. I wish there would be a model with just an Iris Pro graphics (integrated only).

valuxin

Also, my Studio G3 with DreamColor can do Optimus - IDK why G4 can't do this (both have the same panels BTW).

adam davies

Has anyone tested the battery life of the 92whr?
It seems to be available on configurations with only one storage device.
I also note I can configure it without the nvidia chip which must also have a positive impact on battery, especially without optimus.

Rusty One

Re: Green Splotches Issue with Sharp 1545 Display (HP ZBook 15 G3 (NOT G4))

HP ZBook 15 G3, p/n M9R69AV. Xeon E3-1505M v5, NVidia Quadro M2000M, 15.6" IPS DreamColor3 UHD UWVA 3480x2160 no touch (Sharp SHP1445)

Of 28 ZBook 14 G3 that I have, 12 of these display faint to moderate intensity green splotches, (one had a red splotch), that are typically about 1" X 1" and located towards the lower right of the display.

Another displayed vertical lines 2.5" from left side of display.

50% of these work stations had the splotches as of about 4 years of use, (Spring-22).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview