News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad 25 – Missed Opportunity?

Started by Redaktion, October 08, 2017, 17:36:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A big premium for an old keyboard. The ThinkPad 25 was supposed to be a highlight for ThinkPad enthusiasts, but all we got is an expensive ThinkPad T470 with a retro keyboard. It is still a good laptop, but we were still underwhelmed. We have a closer look at the device, the expectations, and missed opportunities.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-25-Missed-Opportunity.257682.0.html

Mjoikr

I'm not sure Lenovo knows what opportunity is.  Isn't crisis and opportunity the same word in Chinese ? 

Thesis

This should have been based on the Thinkpad T470P. Should have been quad core with ALL the bells and whistles.

tommi

Everyboby is talking about the high price of the 25, but I think it's not that much considering the top notch hardware:i7, 16GB ram, half a Terabyte of M2 SSD and a nvidia GPU. Not far away from a T470 with the same hardware, plus the ol'good keyboard.
But for me is a hugely missed opportunity. Personally I want the "all package", classic keyboard, clamshell design, 16:10 display, and an insane number of ports everywhere.
Now i will wait for 51nb to remaster the X301.

Helium007

This laptop should definitely be based on T470p.
I dont even know if that old dedicated GPU makes any sense at all.

But probably its mostly nailed because of that extremely small manufactured batch. 5000 units for whole world are almost a bad joke.

I still hope that we will see this great keyboard in some new high end model.

Lenovo ir causing huge damage to ThinkPad brand. Every year they removed some popular feature. I used IBM/Lenovo high end R/T series for over 10 years. This year I moved to HP, because even their high end workstations are pretty bad compared to pricetag.  And in my case money is not so big issue if its worth it.

whatever

You gotta be fucked in the head to say something as stupid as "A big premium for an old keyboard".

The keyboard is the best thing that happened here, in a sea of PIECE OF TRASH KEYBOARDS.

Literally no good laptop keyboards since classic IBM/Lenovo and Acer's spin of what is essentially the same thing. Everything since has been expensive trash or very expensive trash.

Just my two cents.

Thinker

Over years Lenovo killed Thinkpad. The best keyboard was replaced with crap. Displays are almost all PWM and have ugly gamut. I have used Thinkpads for 15+ years, but my recent purchases are HP.

FU, Lenovo!

Tweaker

Was considering a thinkpad for work on company budget before.  Now, no way.  HP it is then.  Way to under powered for a work portable and way to expensive for a good keyboard.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview