News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 2 Smartphone Review

Started by Redaktion, October 06, 2017, 20:45:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

First impressions. The smallish Pixel 2 smartphone features a 5-inch 16:9 display. In addition to being slightly cheaper, this is the only difference when compared with its bigger brother. The camera has managed to impress us but battery life is a little on the short side.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-2-Smartphone-Review.257596.0.html

Ednumero

It looks like a fine device, but I am disappointed that it could be using the same Diamond PenTile matrix display as last year's model. Diamond PenTile doesn't produce the full detail of the 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 resolution. The sharpness is comparable to "lower-resolution" full-matrix displays, but there are more artifacts. The sharpness difference is noticeable and so are the artifacts. PenTile does not address screen burn-in compared to full-matrix displays. PenTile is not disclosed in product specifications. Those who understand the issue usually consider it to be deceptive marketing. I find this particularly ironic for the Pixel, considering its name.

The positive aspects of the display are contrast, color saturation, and effective sharpness. We could achieve that effective sharpness with fewer artifacts. We could also achieve the full sharpness of the advertised resolutions for even better displays. There are currently no full-matrix AMOLED smartphone displays with at least 1920x1080 resolution. I would consider that to be the first big step forward from the current situation. We need better awareness of this issue to increase its chances of happening.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview