News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad 25 Anniversary Edition is $1900 USD sans Kaby Lake-R and Pascal

Started by Redaktion, October 05, 2017, 15:01:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ThinkPad 25 taps into nostalgia for a visually appealing chassis while incorporating modern must-haves like Thunderbolt 3 and HDMI. The CPU and GPU, however, are limited to the i7-7500U and GeForce MX940.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-25-Anniversary-Edition-is-1900-USD-sans-Kaby-Lake-R-and-Pascal.253324.0.html

Craig Ward

I was quite hyped for this device, and while I've only had time to skim your review so far Allen, I think the biggest disappointment is reusing an existing chassis. Don't get me wrong, I know they probably wouldn't have made it at all if they couldn't reuse a chassis, but it restricted certain retro features.

Wopp

Good keyboard, but meh to all the other parts of the hardware.  On the other hand, when you have to pay extra for an old keyboard that is clearly better than the present day stuff, it really makes you think about the whole idea of generational improvement in electronics.

dthrp

There is nothing "old" about any of this though. Yes the keyboard may be an old-fashioned style, but it was clearly redesigned from the ground up as also well explained by Lenovo insiders. And as to whether it is really better is an entirely subjective opinion.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview