News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPhone 8 Plus First Impressions

Started by Redaktion, September 23, 2017, 21:26:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Big sibling, small improvement. Just like its smaller sibling, the Apple iPhone 8 Plus does not have many new features. We get a slightly revised chassis, now with a glass rear panel, as well as the new A11 chip. However, small optimizations improve the iPhone in many areas.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-8-Plus-First-Impressions.250932.0.html

Iguana Divergent

Thank god this phone still exhibits an LCD Panel. As beautiful as OLED panels make the image appear to be, they are a two steps forward 3 steps backward kind of technology. Why 3 steps back? P, W & M. And that at a mere 240HZ. PWM is known to cause certain physical strains but most importantly, it ruins motionblur thus movements on the display. The lower the refresh rate, the worse this phenomenon gets. If you have a trained eye you'll start to notice the ugly artifacting, especially with the 240HZ OLED's on the Lenovo, Alienware and now Iphone X. OLED displays in my opinion are perfect for stills and photography, but not for films or games. So please don't hail OLED panels as a revolution, it is not. The image is breathtaking, the movement is downward horrible. It is still a flawed panel technology. Refined IPS panels are good enough. The Macbook Pro's and XPS 15 UHD have proven that, this Iphone proves that.

Janis2017

Please ban this phone and others in europa imagine anger when it will break manufacturers dont include for 50-500 euro overpriced phones any protection.

Mjoikr

I also find fast motions on OLEDs nauseating somewhat after a while.  Probably due to that low frequency PWM.  I rather enjoy OLEDs for static pictures or text, but can't see it being great for games, video or such, for now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview