News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9 7980XE CPU annihilates AMD's Threadripper in latest leaked benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, September 20, 2017, 16:00:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The i9 7980XE CPU manages to keep a 30% lead against AMD's Threadripper 1950X throughout synthetic and gaming benchmarks. The Intel CPU has 2 more cores that yield 4 more threads, so it's not really that surprising it performs better, but is the US1000 price difference really worth it?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i9-7980XE-CPU-annihilates-AMD-s-Threadripper-in-latest-leaked-benchmarks.249610.0.html

Arty

> Of course, Intel's processor is almost US$1,000 more expensive than the TR 1950X, but this most certainly will not stop enthusiast gamers from choosing Intel over AMD

This is a very strong statement :) Gamers seem to be the wrong demographic for this kind of CPUs anyway. And yes, extra 1000$ can stop a lot of people in my limited experience...

not a gaming CPU!

Yep, I agree, definitely not a gaming CPU, no gamers are gonna buy this if there well informed unless they want to do other productivity stuff with the CPU or if they just want it for bragging rights.  At the moment it wouldn't be the best CPU for gaming anyway, 7700K is best CPU for gaming in terms of fps in pretty much all games so far.  7700K will become irrelevant sooner obviously though, but no, this 18 core CPU is far far from a gaming CPU!

Superguy

Not only that, I'd sooner take that $1000 difference and do a couple Nvidia 1080s in SLI. That would make more of a difference in performance than a beefier proc.

Of course the i9 performs better, but we're talking about diminishing returns at that point. I don't see how 30% performance merits a 100% price difference - even with paying extra just for having the Intel name.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview