News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP EliteBook 1040 G4 coming later this month

Started by Redaktion, September 13, 2017, 21:30:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new 14-inch HP EliteBook 1040 G4 premium notebook comes with 7th generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor options, improved battery life, and should hit the market later this month for a starting price of US$1,379.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-EliteBook-1040-G4-coming-later-this-month.248298.0.html

Damian

Core i7-7700HQ in 14 inch ? Now that is what I call a performance oriented notebook. Hopefully it will be able to keep noise and throttling in check.

Law

Quote from: Damian on September 14, 2017, 08:09:46
Core i7-7700HQ in 14 inch ? Now that is what I call a performance oriented notebook. Hopefully it will be able to keep noise and throttling in check.
there is already MSI GS43VR and Gigabyte Aero 14 which offers HQ class processor in 14 inch laptop

dthrp

Omitting GTX1050 < class GPU in such an expensive laptop only feels like such an incredible gimmick to me. I see the whole "perfect eGPU laptop" idea but by that logic they (2017 - Thinkpad T470p, Latitude 5480/5580, Elitebook 1040 G4) should also be MUCH lighter and cheaper as well, which apparently they aren't.

[Intel U-CPU + high-end dGPU] is for the sake of smaller form factor and longer battery life as I understand it, but this [HQ/HK-CPU + iGPU] just feels pointless.

Benjamin Herzig

@dthrp,

these devices are all targeting enterprise and productivity, not gaming. So a GTX-class GPU would be kinda misplaced in such a device, because its affects the battery life and cooling capabilities.

HQ CPUs on their own can be very useful for certain use-cases, such as compiling code. Not everyone needs GPU performance and if someone does for a productive use, they are better suited with a mobile workstation (which is this model isn´t).

dthrp

@Benjamin:

*sigh* I know. I'm only frustrated that even with lowered 35 watt TDP HQ-CPU, they seem pretty bad at cooling and their battery life isn't exactly good with small capacities I'm more accustomed to see in a decent U-series-CPU laptop.

And especially now since the new quad-core U-series in < 1.4 kg ultrabooks are pretty close in performance to something like an i5-7300HQ, I just hope OEMs notice that a slightly more rigid chassis and "business" label isn't enough to excuse the massive price gap.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview