News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire 3 (7200U, HD 620) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, September 08, 2017, 17:21:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Solid worker. Acer has produced a well-equipped 15-inch notebook that need not fear comparison with similarly equipped competitors. Find out how our test unit did in our detailed review.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-3-7200U-HD-620-Laptop-Review.247300.0.html

Tomm

Include DDR4 SODIMM 2133 8Gb RAM (12Gb RAM total), and performance increased by 100%

NIVE

I would use this laptop mainly to work with an external soundcard and use Mixcraft 6 music software. Do you think this laptop would be able to handle it without increasing the RAM? Thanks for the great review

Toys

Try again with Realtek HD audio (6.0.1.8308) drivers, you hear bass improved.

Mohun

Just bought the Acer Aspire 3 315-51 4GB Ram last week.  Was a bargain and offered decent workrates.  However, thinking of upgrading the RAM as Tomm said earlier and that should add more stamina to starting Wndows.  Presently you'll need to wait at least 25s between the login and the Windows screen.

But very quiet, light to put in a bag and good bargain price in end of year sales

Mohun

HDD seems working >95% all the time with memory use at 50% 4GB Ram! I don't understand why its always reading the HDD like that. Have a test on site, before purchase sp. Thru task manager. Will update soon.

Mohun

You need to defragment the HDD.  Disable some less important startups and uninstall mozilla so that it starts kicking fine. Now much better than at start.  Disable abfiles acer backup as it eats up memory.

Much happier now.  Expect heavy HDD at first runs either of windows, office and mozilla.  Don't forget to create a backup recovery disc.

Mox

Is that a good idea to buy Acer ASPIRE 3 (A315-51-53UG) for coding in Visual Studio or choose another notebook? And can i use hdd and ssd at the same time?

Tomm

There is also variants with 7100U and 7130U CPU, notice how 7130U base clocks are 2.7GHz, there is no turbo.

Recommended amount of RAM is 8Gb (dual channel), but if you want more fps, try 12Gb RAM option (possible with Acer Aspire laptops, as there is 4Gb 2133 soldered RAM inside)

Jary Plamondon

:-\I did not take into account that the Aspire 3 doesn't include a DVD port-I use that when I do taxes-I guess I have to buy an additional DVD remote for my computer?

Jary

ssdbest

RAM is easiest to change, I've ever seen on any laptop. It uses either 2133 or 2400 DDR4 SO-DIMM, but I think built-in RAM is 2133, so 2400 will be downgraded to 2133 speed.

I think "KCP421SS8/8" is most recommended RAM to use with A315-xx

2.5" HDD / SSD is also easy to add, but you have to buy HDD kit from Acer as cables and such are not included with laptop, shame :(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview