News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Q5 Max-Q gaming notebook is Eurocom's answer to the MacBook Pro 15

Started by Redaktion, September 06, 2017, 06:23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Why purchase a MacBook Pro 15 when you get a thicker and heavier gaming notebook with a poorer display? Well, Eurocom has a few reasons.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Q5-Max-Q-gaming-notebook-is-Eurocom-s-answer-to-the-MacBook-Pro-15.246998.0.html

juodvarnis

but it's ugly. you cant compare just looking under the hood and ignoring most obvious fact. dell xps or asus zenbook 550 could be the only competitors as for now to apple

Tomi

The Macbook Pro is a work-machine.  It has one of the best binned mobile GPUs at 35 Watts TDP.  It also has that combined user experience that is way more than the sum of its parts.  I do not see how this Eurocom is a competitor to the Macbook Pro.  I mean the Eurocom is a nice machine to game on, but it is not a portable work-machine.

Thesis

Depends on use case. However, I wouldn't go for either of these. If Eurocom could bring a "thin and light" socketed laptop with Thunderbolt 3, then you're talking about serious Mac competition because it is a desktop grade chip which perform better than H series chips.

edit1754

Unfortunately that "3840x2160" display option, the one it comes with right now, is a PenTile (RG/BW) not-true-3840x2160 display, something often regarded to be deceptive marketing. This review actually does a pretty good job at pointing that out, though: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eurocom-Q5-Clevo-P957HR-i7-7700HQ-GTX-1070-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.244590.0.html

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview