News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Porsche Design BOOK ONE (i7, 512 GB, QHD+) Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, August 13, 2017, 14:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Porsche with performance problems. The Book One from Porsche Design is a noble 2-in-1 system for $2,500. However, you will be disappointed if you expect maximum performance and quality. We tested the new device.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Porsche-Design-BOOK-ONE-i7-512-GB-QHD-Convertible-Review.241022.0.html

YouDigIt

i've owned the porsche book one since it was released.  i love the look and feel of the laptop.. and it is powerful for all the CAD & simulation work i do.  multitasking like crazy.  what i don't like is the operational noise located near top left fan area of screen.  its crazy annoying. i sent the laptop back to germany TWICE to fix that... and they couldn't.  all i wanted them to do was replace the fan and maybe the SSD.. i'd even pay for the new parts just to test if that's the problem.  i may have to do that with a different company willing to work with me.  after 2 years.. the power supply is now buzzing intermittently but constantly.  buzzes for 1 second then silent for 1 second and repeat.  i hope i can get a new one free :(

Jakob Denmark

You scoring seems completely haywired.
I had this side by side with SB2 and it was literally no contest on build quality.
The SB2 is nice, but against the Porsche Book, you feel almost a hollow not real alu vibe from the SB2 against Porsche.. I think it is this extremely hard 7mm gunmental chassi that takes it above and beyond and these massive amount of magnets in all corner really give it an exclusive feeling on the Porsche when you closing it, or open or flipped 360 it simply locks with magnets so soft, but only barely, - the moment you push on it to open it, act like a spring. from this magnetic negative force. . that kind of magnetic force-balance is impressive to sense in reality.
also noted that the Porsche was way brighter and with higher sRGB accuracy then SB2, something like +500nits on Porsche while 360nits on SB2 while having a +50% bigger battery in the tablet section 25wh vs 18wh on SB2 and with 4096 wacom on Porsche that makes the tablet way more usefull and is imo better than n-trig.

Also dont really get your connectivity-grade, and why your slamming the Porsche book, this hard.. afterall 4 HIGH bandwidth ports + MicroSD + jack. (you really expect more?)
with 2x TypeC with PD and 4K60video and 1x Thunderbolt3 on the tablet so you can work with exGPU & docks  and 2x full size USB3.
tthat seems marketleading on this kind of 3-1, so why your slamming it for connectivity , is difficult to see.
also noted that the Porsche had way better hinge system with only 3 sockets to magnetic align, while 5 on the SB2, not to mention it had way more IR cams, like 3. so its windows Hello2.0 will take you from way longer distance or angle then SB2 with 1.
and being 7mm and 15mm is afterall also a class in itself with a chassibuild level that was better then SB2 that are like 25mm, so why your slamming Porsche for chassi and giving it one of the lowest score, also really didnt make sense.

Yes yes I know it is diffierent people that have rated them and it is more like a game of dart where these score-values are placed with different people, but then meehh whats the point with scoring system when it is this faulty.
Take a SB2 and a Porsche Book and look at them side by side and you will get a smile when comparing your scoring on some of the aspects.. no doubt that SB2 with potent hardware is a lot stronger, but secondary things like, screen quality, buildquality,. stylus, communication, sockets UI, PD-charger, thickness, hingemechanisme etc (it aint really up for debate when you have them side by side)
Also testedskype cam on the Porsche a rocksteady 2550x1944p30 are aint to shabby, but extremely sensitive to darkness as the frame will tumble in dark enviroment.
The trackpad looked to be identical between Porsche and Surface book line.. the Porsche had a tad harder key travel.. they where the oppesit of mushy.. a lot of tactile in the start but very precise.
The network card is also way better in the Porsche then SB2
Iperf 650mbps on Porsche with intel vs 500mbps on SB2..(source your site)
I understand why Peter Han VP of Microsoft was busy telling the world how big a hand MS had in Porsche Book comming to life alongside Porsche Design & Intel and Quanta# (#same maker who also makes MacBookpro for Apple alongside numerous other products)
Porsche Book was the most refined and good looking 3-1 I have seen, (the buildquality is remarkable)..Would love to see a version2 as I was impressed how many things they got right with it, though it do thermal... but still it is like 7mm so you also need to put this potent hardware into perspective.. that is thin for an i7, 16GB, 512GB PCI.

vitaliy

Does anymore have this laptop? I need items from this laptop who can help me?

Дима

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview