News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Immersion CEO claims Sony's DualShock technology lags behind Microsoft and Nintendo

Started by Redaktion, August 10, 2017, 00:09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The President and CEO of Immersion Corporation, a company which develops game controller vibration features, is claiming that Sony's DualShock is using 90's technology, putting it well behind the competition. Immersion currently licenses their technology to Microsoft and Nintendo.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Immersion-CEO-claims-Sony-s-DualShock-technology-lags-behind-Microsoft-and-Nintendo.240818.0.html

Anon

Yeah... right... Sony is doing 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it'. The claim has big 'please adopt us' signs all over it.

Of course Sony rumble tech isn't good enough for future and advanced VR stuffs which need fine and precision but that kind of stuffs can be adopted without using your license, Immersion company.

Well, it's not like I'm using rumble options when playing anyway. I don't have it on my mouse and keyboard so I certainly more accustomed to no rumble.

Craig Ward

Yes, definitely felt like there was a financial drive behind trying to paint Sony's vibration technology in a bad light!

Marko

I do believe that Sony is still selling CD player-equipped boomboxes in North America and until a few years ago, was still selling tape player-equipped stereos.

Very consistent with the Japanese mentality.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview