News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Outlook.com beta shows a redesigned look with useful new features

Started by Redaktion, August 09, 2017, 20:29:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft is beta testing the third redesign to Outlook.com during the products five-year life span. Changes include putting an emphasis on search, improving smart inbox features such as adding restaurant locations and rating when mentioned by name, attachment previews in the inbox, and animated GIFs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Outlook-com-beta-shows-a-redesigned-look-with-useful-new-features.240820.0.html

Kenneth Morrison

Since trying the beta service I have found my Hotmail/Outlook account
very unresponsive - lacking ability to see the facilities I had previously - not letting me open e-mails.
In fact it is a crap system and I wish I had never used the beta version.

Craig Ward

That really sucks, Kenneth. Hopefully they manage to sort some of these issues before the final product is released.

When testing the beta in Edge I found that performance was ok, but I had to tweak the layout to not show email previews (ie not showing multiple panels), because I often use unread messages to remind me to get back to something later or the next day (not the most efficient system). If you use the preview panel then you have to set emails to only be marked as read when you manually click the read button - gets tedious after a while. I also found the new design is more jumbled and less readable.

I ended up switching back to the old interface for now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview