News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Envy 13 ad065nr (i5-7200U, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, August 09, 2017, 06:45:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The HP XPS 13. The narrow bezel design from the flagship Spectre series has trickled down to the mainstream Envy series with fantastic results. Though not without some sacrifices, this is the best Envy notebook to date.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Envy-13-ad065nr-i5-7200U-FHD-Laptop-Review.240174.0.html

sponsored by MSI

So that's why I can't leave any messages on the article above this one titled "Top 5 MSI Gaming Notebooks for Back to School Season" - it's sponsored by MSI and therefore no comments allowed - instead I thought I'd reply here.  Yes, that article was definitely an advertisement rather than a review, a bit misleading - not sure I agree with notebookcheck on what they've done there - it's not a proper review & misleads the consumer, it's actually an advertisement masquerading as an unbiased review - not cool!

Jab

"Graphics is limited to the integrated HD Graphics 620..."

Nope. MX 150 version is coming as well.
https://www.czc.cz/hp-envy-13-13-ad013nc-stribrna/215223/produkt

Bunch of these MX150 14 inch or less are coming. Keep us posted guys, because they will be very important on the market. Portability, quality, looks and good gaming capabilities? Sign me up.

dthrp

I hoped they'd solve the throttling and fan noise issue and heard this would have the MX150 and matte FHD-IPS screen. My guess is they aren't ready yet.

Dramba

I was waiting so much mx150 version of envy 13 model ... but even HD620 one "Running both Prime95 and FurMark to stress both the CPU and integrated GPU will heavily throttle CPU" and actually GPU as well. That means the mx150 model will throttle even worth. Besides, way below average screen with brightness discrepancy and flickering at all brightness settings below 100%. That's killing. Looks like HP spent all the budget for this model to create a fancy design.

Anh

Hi guys,

Great review post. I recently bought the HP Envy 13 (ad-0013na) - i5-7200U, 8GB, 360GB SSD, MX 150 with Full HD touchscreen display. Anyway, the laptop itself is doing a good job but since reading the review it mentions that the display is sharp with great colours and contrast. However, with my unit (brand new from HP) the screen have a yellow warmish tint which sorts of contradicts this review; so the whites are not pure brilliant white but rather off-white yellow. Windows 10 Night Mode is NOT on. I compared the HP Envy screen to other laptops like the MacBook Pro and Surface 3, and to be honest they have a better colour reproduction. I am not too sure if the screen is faulty, or if the screen is not calibrated correctly?

I have tried my best to calibrate the screen using the Intel software, and the results are somewhat close to what I would like.

Does anyone have this problem?

Thanks.

dthrp

@Anh:

Apart from a few high-end laptops, most laptop screens aren't color calibrated in factory. You'll need to check your laptop and verify a display model name. It's a mix of capital alphabet letters and numbers that start with LG, LP or something else depending on the manufacturer. This review unit for instance has an LG display named LGD0576.

1) If you're lucky and have one same as this review model or production variant of it (only last digit number or letter will be different), then you can use an ICC(Windows color profile) file provided in this review. You can find it by typing "Ctrl + F" in the webpage and typing in "icc". It should have a ".icm" file extension.

2) If it's an entirely different screen model (google it and check), google that model's icc file and you should be able to find multiple sources (including NBC). Try them one by one and you'll find one that looks best for your laptop.

3) Of course the most accurate way is to buy a color calibration device. Preferably either Spyder, X-rite or Pantone should do the job.

ocgr

Quote from: Anh on August 14, 2017, 00:19:07
Hi guys,

Great review post. I recently bought the HP Envy 13 (ad-0013na) - i5-7200U, 8GB, 360GB SSD, MX 150 with Full HD touchscreen display. Anyway, the laptop itself is doing a good job but since reading the review it mentions that the display is sharp with great colours and contrast. However, with my unit (brand new from HP) the screen have a yellow warmish tint which sorts of contradicts this review; so the whites are not pure brilliant white but rather off-white yellow. Windows 10 Night Mode is NOT on. I compared the HP Envy screen to other laptops like the MacBook Pro and Surface 3, and to be honest they have a better colour reproduction. I am not too sure if the screen is faulty, or if the screen is not calibrated correctly?

I have tried my best to calibrate the screen using the Intel software, and the results are somewhat close to what I would like.

Does anyone have this problem?

Thanks.

I almost drove myself nuts over this, here you go:
If the problem is not occurring in safe mode (my case), try going into intel graphics preferences, color settings, and the switch "color accuracy" to off (wtf).
My lcd panel was a BOE one, identical to that of another variant of the device reviewed here, so the icc profile downloaded from there, along with the fix mentioned above, really really helped.

Honestly though, I am starting to regret switching back to PCs (I now get random bsod/freezes, after installing spring update).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview