News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Crypto miners dump their GPUs on Ebay as Ethereum drops almost 50% in value

Started by Redaktion, July 19, 2017, 15:05:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It might be a hard time for miners who are now trying to mitigate losses and sell their GPUs on ebay, but this could also be a boon for all the gamers who couldn't find mid-range GPUs a few weeks ago.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Crypto-miners-dump-their-GPUs-on-Ebay-as-Ethereum-drops-almost-50-in-value.235792.0.html

SammySalman

The world of mining has come to an end, cryptocurrency is dying, miners are dumping their GPUs and now they're flooding the market, these are all just false advertising, just to get people not to mine, the truth ethereum and Bitcoin will never die, but they will fall and come back many times, the fact is that cryptocurrency is at its infancy, one day it will rule this world.

Grambit

Looking at Ebay listings in Europe that certainly doesn't appear to be the case, especially for newer cards, like the 500 series from AMD and GTX 1060/1070s.
The vast majority of listings are at ludicrously inflated prices and/or come with the restriction of not shipping to outside of UK/Germany.

Hungarian sad cunt

Scuuuuuse me notebookcheck? Where exactly are they dumping affordable priced used cards? Not in Europe for sure..

dl

This mining nonsense reminds me when everyone was going to get rich on the internet. Same thing here, this made up money is a joke and will never sustain itself.

Scady

who cares about this old GPUs ...
rx vega is almost out the market ...
let those miners keep all the GPU they bought ...
dont buy any of them ...
cause rx vega is here  :P ...

fiatisajoke

Quote from: dl on July 20, 2017, 21:43:03
This mining nonsense reminds me when everyone was going to get rich on the internet. Same thing here, this made up money is a joke and will never sustain itself.
Im sorry and your fiat isnt made up money just in paper form? I know in the U.S. theres no gold backing that dollar

A

Quote from: SammySalman on July 20, 2017, 04:08:25The world of mining has come to an end, cryptocurrency is dying, miners are dumping their GPUs and now they're flooding the market, these are all just false advertising, just to get people not to mine, the truth ethereum and Bitcoin will never die, but they will fall and come back many times, the fact is that cryptocurrency is at its infancy, one day it will rule this world.
Even if that is the case, both ethereum and bitcoin would be dead. Any crypto currency of the future would be ones sanctioned by US, EU and China. At that point, they will ban all other crypto including bitcoin and etherium

Quote from: fiatisajoke on January 11, 2018, 04:19:47Im sorry and your fiat isnt made up money just in paper form? I know in the U.S. theres no gold backing that dollar

Any fiat currency is backed by the local government. The moment any major fiat currency collapses is the moment all crypto turns worthless. But if all crypto disappeared it would have no impact on the fiat currency

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview