News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung's Galaxy S8 trade-in program leaves many customers in the lurch

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2017, 05:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Disparities in the manner in which Samsung is honoring its trade-in program for the Galaxy S is irking many customers who had sent genuine working devices in hopes of a US$200 rebate.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-s-Galaxy-S8-trade-in-program-leaves-many-customers-in-the-lurch.231882.0.html

Vlad

This Samsung trade-in program is complete scam! I send them my wife's HTC LTE phone which is a bit old but was in perfect working condition with some minor scratches on the sides but that's about it - battery holds the charge, not a scratch on the screen. But yesterday I got a message from Samsung that I will be charged $175 because my phone was not qualified: The following condition was not met: "Functioning display, & cracked screen".
Actually, I was anticipating that GNUSMAS would try to do some BS like that, so I shoot the video right before shipping my phone to them - here check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8D6PJKy97E
But the main frustration is that you need to call their eCommerce department which is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE and regular custom support can't do anything about it either. I tried to call them few time thorough out the day and even stayed on the line for more then 90mins but could not reach out to anyone!!!
Well, $175 is not such a big deal for me but I absolutely hate when company try to scam you like this, so I'll make GNUSMAS work hard for my money! I'm thinking about sharing my XP with websites like Engadget, Gizmodo etc, writing to BBB and disputing the charge when it arrives on my credit card.

Kyle

This whole thing is a SCAM! I traded in my perfect Galaxy S7 Edge to get the 350 credit and over a month after I sent in my phone, they are telling me the "incorrect" phone was received and charged me 325 after I called them about this and they told me it was a "system error". I have spoken to at least 8 people, getting transferred back and forth between departments and no one has been able to help me. I will most likely be filing a complaint with the FCC soon and filing a lawsuit because this is bullshit!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview