News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Pro 15 2017 (2.8 GHz, 555) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 26, 2017, 10:14:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Competitive thanks to Kaby Lake. The updated Apple MacBook Pro 15 gets a modern Kaby Lake processor from Intel and a more powerful GPU by default. Otherwise, however, not a lot has changed.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-2017-2-8-GHz-555-Laptop-Review.230096.0.html

Aaanton

Maximum SSD capacity did not change, 2016 15-inch model had 2TB as well.

Andrew Soebali

I am interesting about the screen comparison.

Especially the contrast ratio/black levels. The previous APPA031 screen reviewed in the middle model in this website is much better with much better contrast ratio of 1:1900.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-Late-2016-2-7-GHz-455-Notebook-Review.197826.0.html

But now in the Kaby Lake model is "only" 1:1239??

Is it mean that Apple using lower quality panel in the newer model?

Garfield

Dear Andreas Osthoff,

May I know how was the CPU test conducted(Is non boot camp driver used)? My Apple MacBook Pro 15 2017 (3.1 GHz, 560) seemed unable to trigger turbo boost under win 10 even I stressed the CPU and selected performance mode for energy management settings.

Klaus Hinum

Bootcamp tests were run only with all the default bootcamp drivers installed. No other driver other than what Windows Update did install.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

dthrp

Curious how the battery life would be on the latest Windows 10 and heavier Linux, like Ubuntu. Maybe 6, 7 hours? Wish you guys could test this out.

Tiron

Hello ! Did you have problem with wifi connection on bootcamp? I cant solve this proplem/ connection is slow but on mac os everything is good/

Klaus Hinum

Windows 10 battery life is rather awful as the dedicated Radeon Pro is always running. Furthermore, in our experience OS X is better optimized (or Windows drivers less, however you want to see it) leading to a further drawback.

Wifi problems as described only with 2.4 Ghz and some USB acessories. Happened in Bootcamp and OS X.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Walter

jodiuh

How serious is the PWM? Can anyone comment? It's the only thing I'm concerned about.

Hot!

Temperature section is inaccurate at best - I got slightly more powerful model - with 2.9 CPU and 560 (luckily it's my work computer and didn't waste my own money on it) and it's too hot to work without burning your fingertips - that's just running browser & slack.
It's simply not usable without keyboard and mouse - if you're in for development buy heat resistant gloves.

Same goes for battery life, it's badly underwhelming - using browser & slack you get around 4 hours.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview