News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T470p (Core i7, GeForce 940MX) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 13, 2017, 20:37:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Ample performance! Lenovo plants a very strong CPU combined with a dedicated GPU into a 14-inch business laptop. This combination, which Lenovo already presented last year, is slightly unusual. You find out in our detailed review, whether the weaknesses of the predecessor were reduced or completely removed.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T470p-Core-i7-GeForce-940MX-Laptop-Review.226802.0.html

Dewata

dthrp

Obvious deal breakers aside, I wouldn't buy this mostly because it's too heavy and expensive. Laptops of this size and weight have GTX 1060 and are planned to ship with 1070 Max-Q by the end of the year. And by the looks of it, this heats up just as much as those laptops on load.

Just as heavy, yet packs a smaller battery, disappointing screen, and only one usable storage slot. Frankly, I'm also not too sure how much protection the "magnesium roll-cage" may provide, when Thinkpads these days can't even survive a simple accident, just like most other laptops.

Personally, some "business" features and are welcome, just not even close enough to forego what better dGPUs can offer for less money.

lidarnoise

On the picture, thec construction seems not too strong. The componenents are squezzed edge-to-edge., No sign of chasis stability elements (protrudions and frames), all is 2D plain board with bottom case screwed to it.
(https://shop.mcccomputers.com/30947-thickbox_default/new-dell-latitude-e6430-e6430s-bottom-case-frame-h8vtg-0h8vtg.jpg)
Compare with Dell LAtutude E6430.

Hans Fenneberg

It should be noted that the T470p do NOT have an internal battery.

So no BATTERY BRIDGE

Brian Olsen

I was able to start using my T470p around 3-4 years ago. I didn't get it new. It's been throughout that time my workhorse of a computer.

In terms of durability: it was my fault that I busted the screen once, which was easy to replace. I also slipped one day on ice and it hit the side of it. I just had to bend back a little of the case, but it survived a drop on concrete in my not-well-padded bag quite well. Other than what was my fault, the laptop was and continues to be incredibly reliable. Some other reviewers were concerned back then that it was not a great case on it. I beg to differ completely. Earlier TP models I have and even of this generation had lesser quality exterior parts than this one. Other than that, it has a lot of the TP features I have grown used to: great keyboard and trackpoint are really important to me.

It's probably not perfect, with no PowerBridge, it being a little heavier than other laptops of the generation, and no USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt. What's important though is that I can mostly still go a whole day on a single charge and the HQ processor (I have the i7-7820HQ, the best option offered) is still plenty powerful enough, particularly compiling the decently sized software projects I had to build quite handily. I can't comment much with the dGPU since it's something I rarely have used in the past, since this was for work purposes primarily.

I am probably going to sit on this one for a few more years as long as I can get batteries for it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview