News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte unveils P56XT notebook powered by a GTX 1070

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2017, 20:46:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The performance-oriented laptop features a Core i7-7700HQ CPU and an NVIDIA GTX 1070, as well as options for a 4K screen, up to 4 storage drives, and a per-key RGB-backlit keyboard.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-unveils-P56XT-notebook-powered-by-a-GTX-1070.224772.0.html

nik

will we EVER see a quadcore laptop with THUNDERBOLT 3  without a dedicated gpu???? COME ON COMPANIES!! You have made every other possible combination

dthrp

Every small-medium sized gaming laptops need to kill 2.5" drives and ODDs, and instead fill that space with more batteries and better cooling solutions.

I wish they didn't add that ugly orange line. Previous Gigabyte chassis did just fine without colour accents

Rayman Heris

There ARE quad core laptops with Thunderbolt 3 and no dGPU. Some of Dell's Latitudes qualify.

dthrp

I couldn't care less if these laptops came rainbow colored with pink unicorns and butterflies painted on every surface. Only the specs and long-term reliability are crucial, and that's all I need from what is merely a tool.

And the reason behind why quad-core laptops should pack a dGPU has little to do with demand but more of a question of "why not?". As pointed out, a few business laptops (Lenovo Thinkpad T470p, Dell Latitude 5480,5580 and more) do come with the quad-core CPU and iGPU combo. But high-end multimedia laptops (Dell XPS 15, Apple MBP15, Asus Zenbook Pro, Lenovo Yoga 720) and light gaming laptops (Gigabyte Aero,P3Xx, Aorus, Razer, MSI GS) are more cost efficient due to their similar weight whilst packing dGPU and much superior thermal solutions.

Lenovo, Dell, HP, Fujitsu and Sony all have the best business line of laptops. However, they've never really specialize in gaming, and thus aren't equipped to handle even regular 45 watt TDP, hence why they're all set to 35. Besides, I think even regular dual-core systems should have a 1030/40 dGPU by default. These days, too many ODMs are just robbing tech-illiterate consumers in plain sight, with those ridiculously expensive thin&lights that don't even have decent battery life.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview