News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia Max-Q Pascal will bring GTX 1080 graphics to super-thin notebooks

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2017, 07:21:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

"Maximum performance at the maximum efficiency state" was the design philosophy for the latest Max-Q series of GPUs for the next generation of gaming laptops.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-Max-Q-Pascal-will-bring-GTX-1080-graphics-to-super-thin-notebooks.224674.0.html

Well, I am certainly happy we might finally be able to not trade off power for portability/design.
Unfortunately, this seems like an M-card rebrand, with lower clocks and memory bandwidth. Nvidia thought OEMs could make portable and powerful machines with desktop cards and realised they were wrong. Most of the presentations sound as if up to that point they had no idea about cooling and GPU efficiency, and suddenly it struck them.
Not sure if I'd be willing to get a laptop with an 1080MMax-Q card, we'll see how it performs first.
Still, getting an 1080 into a 15' chassis smaller than a gigantic hulk of plastic that is most current 1080 machines is a milestone.

Joe

Clocks for my GTX 1070 in my Aorus X7 V6 are 1700MHz/4400MHz @ 0.8V (Down from ~1.05v) only, the laptop is very quiet while gaming and temps are low, I'm pretty sure thats what exactly they will do with these Max-Q GPUs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview