News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI refreshes GS63VR/GS73VR with GTX 1070 GPU and 120 Hz/3 ms HDR display

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2017, 03:08:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Same design and faster performance. MSI is claiming the "world's fastest 120Hz/3ms display" for its 2017 GS series with even faster GPU options.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-refreshes-GS63VR-GS73VR-with-GTX-1070-GPU-and-120-Hz-3-ms-HDR-display.224652.0.html

danwat1234

Will it have a 1070 desktop GPU, or a 'mobile' aka 'max' 1070 GPU? The GS63VR and GS73VR already have a 120hz screen for the full HD screens. But not for the 4k screens.
I assume this is a faster responding 120hz HD screen now?

Tomaware

"up to lastest nvidia gtx 1070 6GO"
Typo or are they cuting 2go of vram in the new max-q graphics cards?

dthrp

Curious to see thermal performance and battery life on these and the new Gigabyte lineup. Nice to see competition getting more fierce in this category.

Now the 63VR makes sense, with a 1070. Especially if it's a full 1070 part, not MaxQ one

Although looking at the prev version of 63VR, it's probably a MaxQ part unless MSI has managed to redesign the internals

wokaerhenshen

This message is exactly what I'm looking for. I have waited  for the GS series with GTX1070 for a long time. So when will it be purchasable on market ? I can't wait anymore ~~~~

Daniel Watkins

I agree, it is probably the 1070 Max-q version on the MSI GS ... 90 watt TDP power consumption for the GPU sounds like plenty for that chassis!

But now am thinking ahead to hopefully a 6 core Coffee Lake or Ryzen chip early next year... might as well wait for 1 more generation.

David Pinheiro

Will it have g sync? Common msi, its all it is missing! If one of thoose came with g sync and slightly better battery life (maybe a bigger battery for those who wont use the 2'5 bay) it would be an insta buy for me!

dthrp

@David Pinheiro:

No, and they probably won't feature G-Sync in the near future as Optimus is the key to battery life, despite the GS series being the weakest in the competing category. It's also unlikely they'll spend resources on a custom MUX that allows both G-Sync and Optimus as featured in some Clevo laptops.

And 2.5" drives alike ODDs a few years back are pretty much obsolete at this point, but ODMs keep them because it's much more profitable than ordering big, high quality batteries. But that will change soon when they realize demand for gaming laptops with long battery life are proliferating very quickly.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview