News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Aero 15 gets firmware fix for keyboard rollover bug

Started by Redaktion, May 23, 2017, 13:15:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Gigabyte has released a firmware update for their new Aero 15 laptop that fixes a bug preventing certain key combinations from registering. The 1.1.5 update is available through the Gigabyte Fusion application.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Aero-15-gets-firmware-fix-for-keyboard-rollover-bug.223430.0.html

Shiwei

No, the new firmware has not solved all the problems.

Ctrl+Shift+ZXCV is OK

but , Ctrl+Shift+Space is now recognized as Ctrl+Shift+B, which is more unaccpetable.

s*** quality!

Avelino

How can a big company as Gigabyte release a computer with keyboard problems like this, they announce that this computer was ment for content creators, so how you guys expect us to create content when we cannot even use the shortcuts of our programs properly? This is a really good looking laptop with nice specs, I have to admit, but is it realy worth it for the problems it has? I dont know... Please, fix this Gigabyte!  :-\ :-\ :-\ :(
(And please stop telling people about the anit-ghosting $H!T, we are in 2017, 100$ laptops I've seen doesn't have this kind of problems)

uberdev

The fusion keyboard firmware v1.1.5 fixed a few key combinations, but broke others.

Also, if, like me, you happen to remap your Caps key to Ctrl, that doesn't work at all (e.g. Caps + Shift + N).

Gigabyte support essentially told me that they don't consider my 'unusual' setup valid. This setup works on every other laptop I've owned, as well as external keyboards.

Sadly, this is a deal-breaker for me, and I'll likely return/resell the laptop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview