News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T570 (Core i7, 4K, 940MX) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, April 28, 2017, 17:33:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

High Resolution. In our recently published extensive test, the Lenovo ThinkPad T570 could mostly convince us. However, as in the previous generation, the Full HD display gave reason for complaint. In this test update, we will see whether the 4K-display variant can remedy the weakness of the more affordable configuration.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T570-Core-i7-4K-940MX-Laptop-Review.214712.0.html

Gary

SIGH !  87 for an unexceptional 15" notebook with embaressingly old GPU... come on Notebookcheck!

And PLEASE high end GPUs are not only used for gaming.. I am 64.. mobile architect presenting realtime VR flythru presentations to clients.. not a 16 year old pimply kid.. (probably like your reviewer) and tired of your biase to gaming only for high end graphics.  If you hadn't noticed business visualisation has moved into 3D and we are a major user of powerful notebooks

dthrp

@Gary:
In case you didn't know, Lenovo reserves their Thinkpad P for those specific purposes you've described. Their highest end P71 workstation can be configured with a VR ready Quadro P5000 (GTX1070 equivalent) dGPU with 16GB of VRam. Battery life is pretty decent too.

Dremmel

This is almost 10% slower (PCMark8) than my 2012 T530 according to your benchmarks. How is this possible?

Benjamin Herzig

The PCMark8 score was indeed unusually low. My guess that its mostly attributable to the 4K display that seriously impacts the PCMark performance. The FHD version has a normal score: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T570-Core-i5-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.213184.0.html

Dremmel

Okay, so I bought one, and am now in the process of returning it.
The screen is great. Prefer it even to my Macbook Pro.
However I hated the keyboard. Because the trackpad and keys are not centered, I found myself pressing the wrong keys all the time. It just isn't natural. After half an hour I had had enough.
Maybe one day we'll see a 15" with a centered keyboard ... until then I'm back to my T530 which is definitely faster.

Dremmel

As you can see from my post above, I wanted to return this machine. Would you believe I have now been trying to return it for over a month! Neither Lenovo or Digital River (their payment processor) seem to have a clue what the other is doing. Now they are telling me they never delivered it and would I like to order another, yet they arranged the collection and it finally left me 2 weeks ago (they said there was a delay due to a hacking attack).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview