News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell won't enable Speed Shift on the XPS 15 9550 and 9560

Started by Redaktion, March 23, 2017, 13:07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After more than a year of badgering by customers waiting for the performance-enhancing technology to be enabled, a Dell representative has stated that though both the 9550 and 9560 support Speed Shift, their engineers are not in the mood to enable it.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-won-t-enable-Speed-Shift-on-the-XPS-15-9550-and-9560.207848.0.html

Maks

It's not a surprise.
They will make it a great innovation for dell xps 2018 :)

N00b

I guess it is related to the overheating problems they have with the XPS 9550 (and perhaps with the XPS 9560).

Shifty

Intel Speed Shift is a great technology that enables all of the following:

- Higher performance
- Improved energy efficiency & battery life
- Reduced heat

The Dell 9550 and 9560 already have full support from both Intel and Microsoft. Dell just needs to enable the BIOS checkbox.

ThrottleStop free software enables SpeedShift via a simple checkbox. As Doug notes in the article, more experienced users can use some registry tricks...

offload

Have any results been published yet? That would assess typical workload types:
-idle
-writing document
- playing a html5 game
- scrolling webpage
-browsing pictures
-100% load (no power saving expected)

With particular results? Latency impact, speed impact, total energy, total power draw... compare before vs after

Very interesting technology... But  no known results

No

Anandtech did some tests on Speed Shift: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9751/examining-intel-skylake-speed-shift-more-responsive-processors

GoNz0-

Thanks, I will do my bet to spread the love on reviews I find.

any objection to sites requesting a copy and paste over a direct link?

Shifty

Offload -

Are you affiliated with Dell?

Or simply not willing to do some very preliminary research?

For everyday use, SpeedShift is a big leap ahead of the old SpeedStep technology. Faster performance, lower latency AND better battery life.

AF

Ask Windows to do it. It is enabled by default in any modern Linux distribution.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview