News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker Technologies XMG U727 (Clevo P870KM-GS) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, March 17, 2017, 17:39:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A tower PC dressed up as a notebook. While most manufacturer's gaming laptops feature mobile processors and a soldered-on GPUs, Schenker Technologies goes a different route with their 17-inch XMG U727 and equips the behemoth with a desktop CPU and a MXM graphics card. If this approach is successful or not is the subject of our review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-Technologies-XMG-U727-Clevo-P870KM-GS-Laptop-Review.205392.0.html

henkhilti

I like the idea of a longer game tests (instead of a furmark run). Kudos!!!
The witcher 3 will do nicely, if you also list the CPU/GPU clocks and CPU/GPU temperatures.

Take this notebook for example. CPU (91W) is cooled properly and maintains it's max Turbo at 4.4GHz consistently during Heaven but the GPU is dropping quite a lot and according to GPU-z it's overheating.
That explains why it is not in the 1800MHz range but in the 1600Mhz range. 90Celsius is too much for any Nvidia GPU and Heaven is not the biggest challenge for a GTX 1080 anymore.

If you compare all notebooks and besides listing the sustained fps in the Withcher 3 but also list the CPU/GPU clocks and temperatures, so people can compare them by themselves they can make an educated decision.
Maybe some GTX 1080 notebooks (due to throttling) might be outperformed by GTX 1070 notebooks, which gives you a better bang for your buck.

JAGS

First of all I want to say that I really like to visit your website and that your reviews have helped me a lot to make the right choices.

I recently got in touch with a computer store that sells Clevo laptops. And I asked if they use this type of panel (AUO B173ZAN01.0). The answer was they did not use this type, but the AUO B173ZAN01.1 (3840 x 2160)

Have you heard? what you think about this model? Is it the same, the better, the worse?
I can't find anything about this type of panel

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview