News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 9560 (i7-7700HQ, UHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, March 09, 2017, 11:18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Massive GPU gains. Moving from the i7-6700HQ to the i7-7700HQ is the tiniest of steps forward. Moving from the GTX 960M to the GTX 1050, however, is a significant graphical leap for the XPS 15 series.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-9560-i7-7700HQ-UHD-Laptop-Review.200648.0.html

David Danjo

Wow, didn't realize the 4k version aside from resolution, has degraded quality in almost every aspect compared to the full HD version.

Thanks for the review!

no-no

Do you also experience that the fans start up whenever a USB plug is in or charger cord are in (even if it is fully charged), Dell Adapter | USB Type-C to HDMI / VGA / Ethernet / USB 3.0 of the XPS 15 9560?

Will the computer still work if you disconnect the battery connector to the motherboard? (If used more as a desktop PC)?

Now Dell has degraded the 9560, since it no longer comes with Samsung PM961 but with much slower Toshiba and Liteon -M.2 and certainly cheaper.
Why is no mention about this in the review?

Iguana Divergent

Why is the RGB subpixel array so grainy compared to last years model? Almost looks like the wrong picture was uploaded.

AC

How quickly does the battery charge when charging over USB-PD, under load? Or does it still discharge under these conditions, and how long would the battery then last?

LOL XD

LOL XD Looks like Dell really doesn't want anybody playing games on this thing. Oh well, seeing as Alienwares are overpriced pieces of junk, it's either Gigabyte or Aorus this year, as always.

no-no

If their review is just as bad as their response to the forum, so it is really sucks!

AquaeAtrae

Here's some initial eGPU benchmarks along with implementation details...

https://egpu.io/forums/implementation-guides/dell-xps-15-9560-asus-rog-xg-station-2-gtx1080-windows-10-jackeyjoe/

Eric

if you run the 4K model at 1080p, how does that affect performance and battery life?

dthrp

Quote from: Eric on March 24, 2017, 08:32:30
if you run the 4K model at 1080p, how does that affect performance and battery life?

You'll get better graphics performance but identical battery runtimes.

sboj evets

>xps 15 Games Performance 98%
>gs63vr Games Performance 92%

bwhahahaha

Jehoshaphat

When checking for PWM, the oscilloscope definitely shows oscillations . So how come in your review you say it doesn't use PWM?

SueD

Great review with tons of useful information!

"We will see in a future review whether or not the cut-down Thunderbolt 3 port can hinder future external graphics support on the system."

The other review of the 9560 says, "We are currently preparing a review of the Asus XG Station 2, and we will also try to test the XPS 15 with it."

Is this review published yet?  I can't seem to find it.  Any information on using the XPS 15 with an eGPU would be great, thanks!

Denzo

An average should be 87% and the drop of throttling 8,8%, not 10 (670/735 not 735/670!).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview