News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Envy 15 as133cl Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 15, 2017, 00:03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Green with envy. Kaby Lake is trickling down from the expensive Spectre series to the more affordable Envy lineup. While the new Envy 15 is thinner and lighter than its predecessors, it unfortunately shoves touchscreen down our throats with heavy throttling under extreme loads.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Envy-15-as133cl-Notebook-Review.196536.0.html

JSpeed

I read these reviews regularly, they're superior in every way to all else published on the web. I do however take exception to several "Cons" on this article since I own one of these devices. Also very disappointed that your review model was a bare-bones build, or lack thereof. Not a useful subject to me anyway.
- glossy touchscreen is mandatory (not true in the US, find this under "HP ENVY Laptop -15t touch optional"
-heavy throttling under extreme loads (the Skylake/ Iris unit I own runs at 3.1 GHz all day every day, never wavers)
- fan noise always active (fan is only heard when CPU is pegged for several minutes but is barely noticeable.
IMO, the linchpin for Envy's has to do with display screen quality, I was looking forward to your review model being a 1080p non-touch (AUO40ED) With HP systems, choose carefully & your likely to get the identical Samsung SSD, DDR4 memory, Intel WiFi card, etc as their high-end models. All true in my case but evidently not the LCD displays.
Your lab work here is inspiring.

Kasey

The base cover is also held on by four Phillips screws under the rear rubber foot. Horribly repair-hostile move by HP.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview