News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo: Classic ThinkPad-models with Kaby Lake announced (T470, T570, T470s, T470p, L470 & L570)

Started by Redaktion, December 28, 2016, 06:05:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the year 2016 slowly coming to its end, Lenovo has announced their new ThinkPad lineup. The classic T- and L-Series are updated with the newest Kaby Lake CPUs and also come with several other new features.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Classic-ThinkPad-models-with-Kaby-Lake-announced-T470-T570-T470s-T470p-L470-L570.189047.0.html

Anonym

I'm really disappointed with the T470s, Lenovo left the two (non-removable and small) batteries which are a pain... they last less than a single battery of same capacity but take much (MUCH) longer to charge.

(For me) It was a deal-breaker in the T460s, so I guess I'll have to wait for the X1 Carbon to see what computer I'll buy.

ikaros

Dual battery is great future and I would be deal-breaker for many current users.
You can go with L series which has just 1 battery

MaxB

Why o why only put a 940mx in these models...?? Its a last years low-end gfx chip...
If only just one model would have a gtx 1060 / 1070. As an architect, I need a dedicated gfx solution in a good business style laptop. I was hoping at least one thinkpad would have it.  :(

marble

Anonym

Quote from: ikaros on December 28, 2016, 11:29:23
Dual battery is great future and I would be deal-breaker for many current users.
You can go with L series which has just 1 battery
Dude, you didn't understand it at all. Unlike all models with a power-bridge, in which you have an internal battery alongside a removable one (very useful indeed!), the T460s only has internal (non-removable) batteries. How the eff is that useful or something people actually want?

wellwell

Not a single Lenovo model from the 2017 main series features 2x USB-C? Some x70* models not even a single usb-c?! What's wrong with you Lenovo?

Seems only 2017 X1 Carbon got the basic set right, with rj45, 2x thunderbolt usb-c, 2x usb3, hdmi, lte option and wbcam on top (unlike Dell) -- awaiting reviews for screen, touchpad, and keyboard backlight there.

But NONE of those will do if dedicated graphics are required. Not even an option! :(

How is it possible that the mid-2016 Lenovo Chromebook 13 -- THE cheapest chassis in their entire lineup --  had dual usb-c (sadly also soldered ram&disks, dealbreaker for me) and in 2017 back to zero or one?

And still same lousy PWM screens? Maybe they'll switch mid-year or provide screen options, as this isn't part of formal specs. But looking ugly for now :(

Waiting for hands-on reviews to see what else Lenovo missed. And sadly for 2018 for hopefully a useful lineup and a T480s worth the upgrade...?

ssc

I think lenovo doesn't listen to the thinkpad fans. They are just trying to make thinner and lighter nothing else. X1 without an sd card reader, t470 without a hdd, 940mx graphics card best you can find. Why should I suddenly want a more durable macbook air or asus ux305? Grip is awful with that much thinness.  A lightweight , good battery life, at least gtx 1050ti gpu, high quality screeen, smaller adapter thinkpad would be perfect and then my 4 years old thinkpad would be retired. One thing I love is that silver color, it looks so retro-futuristic. I believe I saw that color on a z series thinkpad.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview