News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Razer Blade (2016) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 07, 2016, 01:01:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Solid as a Rock. The new Razer Blade packs a GTX 1060 in a great aluminium case. The laptop offers reliable input devices, Thunderbolt 3 and an amazing IGZO panel. With all this on the table, what could go wrong? Besides some smaller issues, the greatest weakness was its lacklustre gaming performance. However, the latter was fixed with an EC update by now.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-Blade-2016-Notebook-Review.186751.0.html

Oranjoose

I disagree that "glossy touchscreen" is a negative. I'd prefer 1080p touchscreen, but that's besides the point.

You should have pointed out that this is the ONLY touchscreen thin gaming notebook.

Maybe you don't like touchscreens but these are reasons it is a dealbreaker for me to not have one, and why I greatly prefer touchscreens:

• Makes the screen more rigid, less fragile.
  • Makes app/mobile game development more efficient.
  • Makes using the laptop in non-table scenarios much easier, such as in bed, on the lap, etc. (you navigate with the screen, which is laid against your thighs, and type at an angle). You basically treat the screen as a big tablet, scrolling pages with your thumb relaxed at the corner of the screen.
  • The glossy screen makes the colors less muted to me, and if you really want to kill glare, you can get a matte screen protector.
  • As mobile devices continue to eat up the consumer market, and Microsoft continues to shift their software (and devices) toward touch, UX is becoming much more effective with touch (zooming, scrolling, larger buttons/fields). Things that used to be faster with the touchpad/mouse, are now faster with touch.

This notebook has a USB type C port with thunderbolt 3, but does it support USB power delivery?

Mr. Fox

May as well be a tablet or smartphone with such a static and anemic configuration. With only a single M.2 they may as well solder that in place and use a microSD card for storage to make it a fully disposable one-shot wonder. I can't see the point in being excited about build quality at the expense of literally every other aspect of the product. And, for $3200 USD it is severely overpriced (at least double what would be appropriate be for such a pathetic offering).

Oranjoose

Most of the score breakdown looks reasonable, but I have qualms with the following:

• Display: PWM sure, viewing angles sure, but if you're docking for glossy touchscreen then totally disagree. A huge plus in my book, and with readers who fall both sides of the fence, it's better to leave that neutral.
  • Keyboard: Short key travel sure, but are you docking for the abnormal German keyboard layout? The US key layout is totally normal. I get it, the review was in German by a German. But this is the translated review. Maybe localize for English speakers and don't dock the score for something German-specific.
  • Connectivity: wow that's a harsh score. I don't quite see why. You report good bandwidths on the different interfaces. Is it because of the lack of ethernet port and SD card? If so, that's a bit much. This Razer is still among the very few laptops with Thunderbolt 3 and HDMI 2.0. Assuming you're usually at your desk when using ethernet, then it's also fair to suggest a good lot of users are going to be using a thunderbolt dock or Razer Core, which has ethernet on it. You're right about SD card inconvenience, but you CAN use an adaptor, whereas laptops that don't have HDMI 2.0/thunderbolt cannot just get an adaptor to make that appear.

sammy36

dhp

Nice review, yet by mixing up mbps with MB/s you're ridiculing yourself quite a bit, making yourself exactly eight times less credible.

Alireza

why you didnt use photos of product taken by your self like other reviews?:(

Vincent Laurent

yep. Need Aero 14 review :/ Without this, it looks like an ad for a brand, not a review :(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview